Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cars not starting, got good fuel pressure. Pulled the coil wire and cranked the ignition while holding the wire next to the metal abs wires and got no spark. So now how do i check the ICM and coil to see if they are good?

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Cars not starting, got good fuel pressure. Pulled the coil wire and cranked the ignition while holding the wire next to the metal abs wires and got no spark. So now how do i check the ICM and coil to see if they are good?
double post wont help with spark :D

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
As long as the meter is fast enough, or you can rig up a light to test it and I am assuming that you are talking about checking the injector pulse, I used an old opera light from an impala that I had laying around, plugged the wires from it into one of the injectors and cranked it, it seem to work for me, pretty hillbilly but it works.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Basically im replacing the injector with the test light and using both sides of the connector when im testing right? Or do i just use one side of the connection and ground the light elsewhere? Confused :/

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Used a noid light and the injector pulse is good. Now to test the ICM and coil. The link says the following to test:
"Next we will see if the coil and ICM are causing the no spark.
First on the ICM connector with KOEO check for hot (93-95) on the Pink/Black and white/black wires or (96-97) on the Pink and Dark green wires. Do you have hot?"
But again im confused. i have a 96 Impala but the 4 wires going to my ICM connector are 2 yellow, black w/white stripe, and pink.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts