Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start Friday no start, did not hear the pump buzz, and the parking lights are on permanent, no key on, light switch off, only way to kill them is disconnect the battery.

Checked fuses for pump, everything looks good, verified no pressure at the rail.

Going to call Viper today see if there is a fuel pump kill in the alarm, and what is causing the lights to stay on.

Any thoughts

Mike

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to start Friday no start, did not hear the pump buzz, and the parking lights are on permanent, no key on, light switch off, only way to kill them is disconnect the battery.

Checked fuses for pump, everything looks good, verified no pressure at the rail.

Going to call Viper today see if there is a fuel pump kill in the alarm, and what is causing the lights to stay on.

Any thoughts

Mike

Talked to Viper, their systems do not cut fuel, but will cut starter if it has that option, my car cranks but no buzz and no pressure at the rail, so pump must be bad.

Not sure why the parking lights are always on, and my fuel gage is pegged past full, with about 1/2 tank full.

Maybe I have some electrical issues.

Might be time for another V:frown2:

Mike

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talked to Viper, their systems do not cut fuel, but will cut starter if it has that option, my car cranks but no buzz and no pressure at the rail, so pump must be bad.

Not sure why the parking lights are always on, and my fuel gage is pegged past full, with about 1/2 tank full.

Maybe I have some electrical issues.

Might be time for another V:frown2:

Mike

Well we found the problem, car runs, bad signal switch in the column.

Mike

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Thanks for the update. Its good for people that may have the same issue down the road

·
Registered
947 Posts
Glad its getting straightened out Mike!

************ IS my drug...
OWNER/ADMIN

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad its getting straightened out Mike!

************ IS my drug...
OWNER/ADMIN

Yea it is up and running, bad flasher unit, my electrical guru thinks it has to do with the alarm system also, so will be deleting it in the near future and need to work the cat issue next.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts