Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just wanted to ask how to access the A/C blower in the Fleetwood? There is this noise coming from the glove box area when I turn the a/c on. Sounds as if the fan is hitting something (say a leaf, for example. Maybe hitting a piece of electrical tape :confused:). It does not happen all the time. However, when it does happen this is what I notice: let's say the noise is there while driving or when I am at a full stop. If I take off quickly (accelerate) then it goes away. It also goes away when I make a turn. Is this related to the blower? Is it accessible after removing the glovebox in a Fleetwood? Having the A/C fixed now with all new components and would like to take care of this ASAP. Your feedback will be appreciated

Thanks
:wink2:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
You won't need but the last pic here for reference to the orientation of 3 little screws you're hunting for, to drop the housing with motor and blower.
https://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/53-heating-cooling-hvac/1314456-climate-control-only-blower-stays.html

To get at them you'll remove the kick panel, lower dash conceal and maybe the sill plate. All easy screws. The housing screws are gonna be 5.5, 6 or 7mm head, and you'll find as I have anything from a square block of foam, leaves, twigs, dead mice (lucky if no babies or too much poop). Lysol the whole thing and give motor 2 drops of 3-in-1. There's a little foam donut around the motor cooling tube - usually rotted or gone. Make up a new one to optimize volume/velocity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts