Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a few problems but this one has be troubled, I have a sounds like a ticking sound coming from car when under load, usualy off the line, will not do it at any other time (no load like in park,) the noise transmits though whole car over air conditioning and radio, almost sounds like spark noise, tired higher octane fuel, still have it, also new plugs, wires, opti spark, water pump, only got 5000 miles on parts, any help would be great.. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
is it a fast tick or a slow

random or rhythm

on a side note. i would really get ride of that srt8 i never knew they ticked :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a steady tick, not a lifter unless it hangs up then clears away, used to have many race cars that had lifter noises but this one is weird, after 4500 rpms goes away and even at idle but it doesnt do it all the time.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I had a bad EGR valve and it would cause a pinging/spark knock noise under load and during acceleration. Car didn't throw any codes. Found the EGR valve was completely seized up... I put an extra one I had on and it ran like a brand new car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Goldmaster, That is good news I will look into that tomorrow, Thank you, Thank you, that is the same thing mine is doing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still got noise

Still dealing with this sound, I have had it to my mechanic ran it with scan tool, car is running great but under load it still has a steady noise like shaking a can with screws in it. They are trying to research it also, just can't figure out what's up with my baby..

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Manifold heat shield's, cat shields, tank shields in the back?.....Just throwing thing's out there.

·
Registered
981 Posts
+1 on heat shields. They can make a lot of noise for some flimsy pieces of sheet metal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Noise

Could the heat shields cause a loud metallic sound that you only hear when under load? I have replaced erg valve,all wires checked, cleaned intake, fuel filter,. This thing is just annoying. Thanks for all the input, any other ideas will be great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts