Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I received my NOS 58mm TB today. It's pretty sweet. Already predrilled for NOS and has a little hole behind each of the butterflies. I'll take some pics of the install this weekend.
On my way to the darkside!
Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did you purchase from Jegs or Summit? I am very interested in how this all turns out. I have been nervous on going to the juice, but after reading some success from others, this may have to be my next mod.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jegs or Summit had a 6 week back order. I was impatient so I looked around and found out you can order from http://www.so-calspeedshop.com/ by calling NOS's technical line. Unfortunately I paid $100 more than Summit or Jegs but I got it in 4 days.
I'll install it this weekend and take pics.
Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
question, will this throttle body EFFICENTLY and equally distribute the n2o concention into the intake?? how much is the jegs/summit price? thanks and good luck, mike. i have followed your impala progress over the months and i have picked up quite a few hints/tips from your pages.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, since NOS is a gas I would assume that it would be dispersed as evenly as possible. Direct port injection would be better but at $1750 I'm not buying now. Summit/Jegs price is $509 shipped ground.
It will take me another 3 to 4 weeks (possibly longer) to finish off the nitrous installation so hang tight for further updates.
Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MIke, I thought you were going with this for stealth reasons. If you pop your hood and that plate says NOS, then it'll be quite obvious ;) Maybe make a plate out of that 5 bar stuff like your injector covers, headlight covers, and future RAISS ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like the Holley 58MM TB with 2 xtra holes.

Are you going to port your intake to match the 58MM opening?

Do you like the initial product without the NOS hooked up?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is the 58mm with a holes drilled in it. Heck if I could have found a machine shop to do that though... My friend has a second intake that was just powdercoated that I'm going to have professionally ported to match instead of using a dremel like the web page. I don't want you to be able to just look at the intake and tell it's been modified.
I installed the 58mm and it worked great EXCEPT that the TPS sensor kept putting the car into limp home mode as the PCM kept stating too much voltage. I slotted the holes for the TPS sensor so that it backed off full throttle about an 1/8" and that has solved it. .65V at idle and 4.65V at WOT. It did not like 4.99V at full throttle.

Hope this helps someone else using this or another TB.
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.