Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum,
I have not been a member for long, but have been lurking and studying trying not to be a newb with redundant or stupid posts (disclosure over with).

After being out of the 94-96 SS game for the last 5 years I just got 94 SS. She's a little rough but I know both families that owned it prior to me.and there is great paperwork going back to 1994, and the owners manual is fully filled out with no blanks for service.

That being said I am freshening it up for being a daily driver to "commute" 45 miles round trip each day. I say "commute" due to the fact a 45 mile round trip in Northern California isn't much to complain about being located between San Francisco and Sacramento.

That being said, the 94 I bought had a broken and patches together Turn Signal "Arm".

I work in the auto body trade in the office and part of my job is sourcing parts. After confirming with my trusted dealer that the "Arm" is discontinued, AND not available from the "GM Disconinued Warehouse" in the mid west, I had them run a "Parts Locator" and they were able to find 2 available at dealerships in Northern California. One of those dealers happened to be the original dealershi0 this 94 SS was purchased from. So to bring it full circle and start my paperwork trail on the car I figured I would buy it.

I had trolled a few days ago and seem to see "Dal" mentioned in any and every post regarding the "Arm" I need. Being that most of those posts are almost old enough to vote I stopped digging.

The part I sourced is technically an MPS part, but being AC Delco I don't know if I'd go as far as to grade it as true OEM.

Long story short, there is one more out there in my area that I could likely get for someone if they are in need. I don't know what the going rate is for one but on the one I got it was for about 30% under last known list. I paid about $220.00 for it with shipping, likely over paid, but thought I would throw it out there as I am trying to get a somewhat recent thread going on the subject and want to "pay it back" to the club, so long as it is reasonable.

The only thing I can see different from the 94 SS original design is the "flap" not the arm seems to have rounded corners and not square ones. Picture attached for reference. Photo of oart and invoice attached.

(Continuation of disclosure) Feel free to flame, delete, ask questions, mainly posting to get experience and feedback as well as support and thank the community.

Sincerely,
Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true. I religiously use my turn signal, most of the carcasses around here ate picked to the bone the morning they hit the yard. Closest thing I could find is a used one on eBay for $100. Figured it's worth it to pay twice and get a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts