Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's finally happening, the early estate sale where I'm selling, not buying. I've had these for eons and will never put them on my '95 Roadmaster Limited wagon. Still have an NOS Impala SS set in reserve, so it is time to let these go. They have never been installed, seals still on the turn signal portion and original headlamp bulbs installed. I threw the boxes away long ago and wrapped each in cloth and packing. Included is an equally NOS Gary's Innovative Wiring two relay T-84 wiring harness for the Impala or Roadmaster, along with two H-4, 100/80 bulbs.

The glass is crystal clear and the reflectors are perfect. Any tint in the photo is reflection from the yard and sky where I set up the photos. Still have the green dot on the lens and the export stickers to be removed. These are show quality capsules. The export spec lamps have the headlamp and turn signal sections reversed from the US spec capsules. The headlamp reflector is on the inside and the turn signal on the outside.

Shipping will be from 32258, paid by buyer, FedEx. I will pack as I would want to receive these, in a new heavy duty cardboard box and suggest you fully insure.

Payment by certified bank draft, no PayPal or personal checks please and allow my bank to say your payment is processed. I am listing this set and wiring and bulbs at $2100.00 I honestly do not think you will find another better set.

PM me or send an email through the forum or text at 904-534-3619. I don't live for the cell phone, just saying...but I will return a text, eventually.

I will also include my notebook section on the T-84 headlamp and Gary's wiring instructions. I don't come around here as much any more but it's time to let some treasures back into the stream. I'm still going through Dal's stash of parts I bought years ago. More stuff coming out of storage.

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
We have these on our 21K mile 95 SS. One of the best mods I ever did to the car. Highly recommended, even at the price. The lenses are GLASS, in case there are those who don't know T-84s. With the light kit, the output will be even better.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's July 7th, 2019...

Thanks for the comment. These are excellent lamps for driving as well as show. If it helps sweeten this for anyone undecided, I do have the no longer available Expel 3M protective lens and cornering/side marker kit WITHOUT the aiming tab cutouts, made for the T-84 lamps. These will not be for sale separately.

These lamps have NEVER been on a car. Also, note the leads for the "City Light" in the rear view.

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been a month...

Found one PM on these lamps. Been a month...any interest or do they go back in storage and maybe make the eventual estate sale, or target practice?:wink2:

Ya could make an offer, but no insulting ones. We both know what these are and, yes, it is 2019, not 1996.

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
One thing working against you is most folks predisposed to these already have them. Even myself (who would dearly love a set) do so little driving at night that it becomes harder to justify. Hang in there though. You only need one...

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
That, and $2,100 is a lot of coin for any single part that doesn't require gasoline. The pool of buyers at that pricepoint is very, very shallow. I'd wager a guess that there may be 5-10 buyers in total that are willing to drop that sort of money on headlights for a 25 year old car. I am not saying your price is too high - it is what it is and these things are rarer than hen's teeth so its a seller's market - but selling is gonna take a while to find your buyer. The last time I saw a set for sale was on eBay and they sold for $1,500. I believe that was last year, so they can (and will) fetch a lot of money.

Good luck man. I'd love to have em.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
"We both know what these are and, yes, it is 2019, not 1996"

Not to be piling on but, In those 23 years the proliferation of HID and LED has changed things.

The merits of those are open for debate, but nevertheless they present an affordable alternative.

With regards to what others have written, settle for less before the market at your price is completely gone.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, offers? Hmmm...

I opened this to offers and so far I don't see anything, except they are worth it, which we know. Thanks for the replies though.

Maybe some folks don't know these fit the Caprice, 9C1, Roadmaster Wagons and the Impala SS. They also look better than any after market stuff out there over the years and work much better, being genuine GM, with glass lenses.

Richard

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Aren't they aimed the wrong way for us roads though?
No, they are aimed just fine for the US since these were meant for Europe export and some places, like Germany, drive on the same side. They do change the output of the light.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Try ebay or Hemmings Motor News. I've used both with very favorable results on rare items.

As mentioned, it only takes one. Sadly, most owners do not belong to this forum.

Expand your horizons. A Saudi Prince, a collector in Norway, or ???

·
Registered
7,864 Posts
grandpas- beat me to it. List additionally and elsewise to garner more exposure from the likes of folks who're likely piecing together a 100-pointer. NOS on a part like that has got to be scarce, and Jay Leno or some other collector quality rebuilder could make a better business case of owning those coveted beauts. Otherwise, the much greater quantity demand for those has to be where they are LEGALLY REQUIRED to operate the car at all, namely EU. Unless they've started re-popping them over there, then yours be worth tons more than 25-year old dead-on-the-vine stuff in JYs. GLWTS

·
Premium Member
20,282 Posts
….I am listing this set and wiring and bulbs at $2100.00 I honestly do not think you will find another better set...…..
Yes....very nice indeed. And may not be a better set of these around at any price. But.....

.....In those 23 years the proliferation of HID and LED has changed things…..
A guy I know has a killer set of projector lens in OEM buckets with LED lights. I was able to score a similar set.....coming in for less than 1/2 the cost of your set.

Bottom line....you lights are killer, but they're not the only game in town....there are other set-ups now that are almost or as good for a few dollars less.

…settle for less before the market at your price is completely gone.
Best of luck.

KW

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
While there will always be some market for these for their rarity,and desirability in the Impala community. The market for their better lighting function is largely gone,and not coming back. I'd consider selling them to any serious,legit offer... Or,risk owning them forever..

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For sale until...

These will no longer be available after 8/31/2019. Thanks for all the advice.

Good to see some of the long time guys are still around.:wink2:

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
So,no price reduction?

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Whatever he offers...................I have no idea.................. don't consider it an insult.

The market will determine the price. And the market is shrinking.......fast.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sold...

Been focused on the hurricane Dorian Labor Day gift from weather world. Thankful it missed us as at one point the path was projected up I-95, with a stop in Daytona Beach. Whew...

The lamps sold and are on their way to their new home. I am pleased.

Stay tuned for more stuff. I'm serious and what I say it is, it is.

Well, gotta go check the Delorean, time flies you know. >:)

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Been focused on the hurricane Dorian Labor Day gift from weather world. Thankful it missed us as at one point the path was projected up I-95, with a stop in Daytona Beach. Whew...

The lamps sold and are on their way to their new home. I am pleased.

Stay tuned for more stuff. I'm serious and what I say it is, it is.

Well, gotta go check the Delorean, time flies you know. /vBulletin/images/ImpalaSSforum_2016/smilies/tango_face_devil.png

Richard Snipes
More stuff you say! 🤔🤔🤔

1 - 20 of 23 Posts