Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forum is ever-spiraling in activity, and not in a good way. Poking around over coffee I see online only a crusty old curmudgeon, a newb, and almost 300 lurkers:

Members Online.JPG

I for one intend to ratchet up posting aimless useless new threads in Misk until we get the points and trophies and reaction scores to go through the roof!

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
I'm finally getting back into the game. Been looking at a few stroker LT1's for the Caprice. Hopefully 2020 will be the year I actually get to drive the car!

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back! I missed your AV ;) I should think you'd be bored of LT-s after all your past cars. Of course one would be a plop-n-drop in the Caprice, but ain't there so many cheap stock LS-s with more horses not to entertain that route?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Sorry I flubbed

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
well I lurk alot but this is still my page for info that I need quite often. I am still geting use to this new site. Not quite sure I like it yet

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
What's up party people?

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's up is we're all just brimming full of warm tingly feelings and aglimmer with pride of ownership in our newly upgraded and vastly improved platform. It's almost more than a bunch of old adults can bear, knowing we're deemed worthy of being even a small part of this historic transition to making this intel-rich forum more accessible to children practicing how to type want ads on their phone.

Makin' Faceyspace look mighty purty 'bout now.

How You Doon...

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Welcome back! I missed your AV ;) I should think you'd be bored of LT-s after all your past cars. Of course one would be a plop-n-drop in the Caprice, but ain't there so many cheap stock LS-s with more horses not to entertain that route?
Stubborn I guess! I looked into LS swaps and maybe I will do one since I own 2 Caprices.

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Truth be told you provide a valid hybrid to the approach I would use. If I were to want to warm up a well-treated lo-miler with some bolt-on goodies to support my external drivetrain upgrades, well then it seems obvious to keep my current motor. If I had a BeatToS or blowd up motor then it's be the perfect 'excuse' for me to make a JY run for that 'new GF' feeling with a shiny younger LS-. lol

The cost of building up a legit stroker myself from scratch for my MCSS was rather pricey v. an LS-, even with the changeover factors. But if'n you're patient and can snag someone else's unfinished stroker project or find a jobber who does them for a living, then Voila'!

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
I was heavily into MCSS in the late 90's early 2000's when I bought my first Caprice. Wanted to swap the LT1 into my Monte but had so much fun driving and modifying the Caprice, sold the Monte!

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From too much time on here and hearing others' woes, there's at least one mistake I'l never make: sell the '96. My son's learn't about the same with his Monte. He just recently publicly willed it to his 11-year old son! And he knows I'll rat him out to the boy if he tries to renege on the deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts