Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking my car apart for paint I misplaced some nuts:mad: Just wondering if anybody has the the nuts that hold the grill to the hood? Also the speed nuts to the front bumper and to the wheel well/fender exstension(plastic piece connected to the front bumper and wheel well fender)? Or at least what size are these speed nuts? Any help is appreciated,Thanx

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
The screws that hold the grille to the frame are torx head sheetmetal screws. I have some of them. I believe you need 8. They are common sheet metal screw threads. You should be able to get phillips head screws/speed nuts that are the same thread at the local parts store.

The grille frame is held to the hood by the same type of screws that attach the secondary latch to the hood.

The speed nuts/screws for the wheelhouse extensions to the bumper are the same as the speed nuts/screws that hold the side pieces of the airdams to the wheelhouse extensions. I believe these are available at the parts store too (Autozone, Advanced Auto, O'Rileys, etc.).

They are all common, and you can get them new locally for less than used.

Did you try the junk yard? You can probably get them all for the price of admission.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fred thanx for the response. For my griil I have those torx sheetmetal screws that go into the grill. But I had nuts/washer combo that screwed onto those screws to hold onto the grill frame tha I misplaced. They are the same ones that hold the wheelhouse extensions to the wheel well at he bottom. The JY was my 1st option but on my only day off I have been helping out on painting the ride and have not had time to my monthly visit to the JY. Would you know the size of the speed nuts?

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
I do not know the size...take a screw with you to the parts store, they will find the right size. Measure how far it is from the side of the part to the center hole where the screw goes through so that you get the proper offset.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about. I bought a bag of those speed nuts to put my new grill on - let me see if I still have the bag so I can tell you the size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts