Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Experience with this ?

Ordered the NX kit, and wanted to remove the rubber boot ( I have the ASM cold air setup ) and install the nozzle in this:

Here is the current engine setup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
you could do that, and try to aim the nozzle @ the throttle body..what i did was make it like SSRI just without the scoop for now, and tapped the nozzle right into the mass air flow sensor...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the way I did mine

My intake was originally an evergreen cold air setup, just like the AS&M. The rubber adapters are Fernco 3" couplers from Home Depot, $6 each. In order to get it to stretch over the TB just soak one end in boiling hot water for a few minutes. The only other thing I needed was another 3.5" 90* mandrel bend, it was $18. I had all the pieces ceramic coated for $50.

I like this setup because the MAF is directly in front of the TB. You can drill a hole in the MAF housing and put your nozzle right there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The aluminum elbow you have pictured should work nicely as Feliks said. Simply drill and tap some threads into it for your fogger nozzle. It should work great.

I'm gone.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Although I couldn't find the thread, I remember Ssmokem posting a while back about making sure you have the nozzle aimed correctly if you're spraying before the throttle body. He ran into some issues where the spray was bouncing off the throttle body and upstream into the MAF, causing a pulsing problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

Stonebreaker, my understanding was that I should position the nozzle just behind that knuckle you see in Picture One, on the far side. I figured I would tap it out and use whatever rubber gromet came with the kit

This doesn't spray directly into the TB, but my thought was that this would be far enought away to insure that cyl 1 wasn't passed. It sprays directly across the elbow, but it would have done that anyway with the rubber piece.

Also another problem. I need to find a home for the hyfire iginition. No place to put it. you can see the MSD tucked in the back driver side, but that is coming out. I was thinking of setting it right behind the hood latch, set over to the right....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by GTrain:
Thanks.

Stonebreaker, my understanding was that I should position the nozzle just behind that knuckle you see in Picture One, on the far side. I figured I would tap it out and use whatever rubber gromet came with the kit

This doesn't spray directly into the TB, but my thought was that this would be far enought away to insure that cyl 1 wasn't passed. It sprays directly across the elbow, but it would have done that anyway with the rubber piece.

Also another problem. I need to find a home for the hyfire iginition. No place to put it. you can see the MSD tucked in the back driver side, but that is coming out. I was thinking of setting it right behind the hood latch, set over to the right....
You're on the right track. I did the same thing I think you're talking about. I fabbed a bracket out of 1/2" or 5/8" flat iron stock that I got at Home Depot. Bent it in a vice so that it looked like this:__----__ then drilled holes in it to match bolts already on the radiator frame - didn't need to put a single hole in the car! I was a little worried at first about it getting wet, but three winters done and it's still running fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're on the right track. I did the same thing I think you're talking about. I fabbed a bracket out of 1/2" or 5/8" flat iron stock that I got at Home Depot. Bent it in a vice so that it looked like this:__----__ then drilled holes in it to match bolts already on the radiator frame - didn't need to put a single hole in the car! I was a little worried at first about it getting wet, but three winters done and it's still running fine.
Yeah I am going to try the same thing and put it right up front. Really no place else for it.

Mike, I looked the the TNT system in great detail. I really wanted the cleaner look of the plate system. But around here, NX seems to be the more common for help and installs. Again, I don't know if its true, but there has been a great deal of discussion on the TNT plate not getting N20 to the first cycl, so I went with the NX only based on it being more familiar to the shops here in Phoenix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.