Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bunch of tools but nothing that can maneuver in the space as tight as my drivers side O2 sensor.

What tool and method have you used to get yours out?

(I did a search on this but vbulletin says O2 is too short of a word...)

Thanks,
Will

·
Registered
346 Posts
since the forum went down nothing will come up but for future reference when searching for small words

Try
02**
or
Cat**

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...

since the forum went down nothing will come up but for future reference when searching for small words
...also most of the old posts are empty.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Remove the pipe. Lots of room to get the O2 out then.
Not necessary to remove the pipe on either side. I did both mine in about 5 minutes. Spray with PB Blaster and let soak. Buy or borrow a sensor socket (standard universal size with cutout.) Came right out. Is your car up high enough to get your arms in the best position? 3 ton jackstands worked for me and I have long arms.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Either that or just cut off the wires on the o2 and get a long 22mm?? 21mm?? i forget, boxend wrench or socket on there. a little heat might help too.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
i just did mine, sprayed with pb and ended up expanding n cracking two o2 sensor sockets. Put a 1/2inch impact on it, still nothing. Put propane torch on it and let get nice and hot. nothing, just melted the inside of sensor...
Finally threw it on the lift and used oxy n acetelene torch and melted it out till it basically fell out. Ceramic coating withstood it, very impressed

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes!

Buy or borrow a sensor socket (standard universal size with cutout.) Came right out. Is your car up high enough to get your arms in the best position? 3 ton jackstands worked for me and I have long arms.
I didn't know such a tool existed.

Thanks,
Will

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.