Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to convert my ob1 motor to a OB2 is all the sencers the same if I get an ob2 engine harness will it plug in the same I know I need the frt cover and a few more parts . Thanks Bob

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Facepalm!

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
cwm3

Stop right now before you do anything else stupid. You also might want to run some of the other brilliant ideas in your head past the group here. If you have an assbackwards one like this... I bet you have a few more. ;) Your pride may be hurt, but you will be money and time ahead.

Basically, you would have to add a few sensors, and wire them in to make your engine more picky, and harder to deal with. It would also require a 96/97 timing cover, swap knock sensors, etc... We tend to go the other direction, with putting an OBD-I PCM in the 96's.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MAYBE I should have asked this different so I would not be getting smartass replys. I'am doing an LT1 converson on my 69 Nova and was going to use my drivetrain out of my 95 SS thats why I was wanting to convert it to an OB2 .Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.