Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I saved a 92 Olds Custom Cruiser from the junk yard thanks to my sons.Wife and kids were over a friends ,my boys notice a wagon and started to ask question, one thing lead to another and two weeks later a now have my first Olds. The one thing they said it needs is a transmission,its also been buried in the dirt for one year and sitting for two....................If there is anyone out there that is willing to part with a 4l60 tranny ,I have a 94 Buick Roadmaster Sedan that has decent body panels exterior parts on it that I am willing to trade for and a 92 f150 too.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
4l60 = 700r4.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
4l60 = 700r4.
Thanks for the clarification on this, I knew that already and I had forgotten that they just added the E for electronic control. I guess when I read the original post I missed that he just said 4L60

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today I saved a 92 Olds Custom Cruiser from the junk yard thanks to my sons.Wife and kids were over a friends ,my boys notice a wagon and started to ask question, one thing lead to another and two weeks later a now have my first Olds. The one thing they said it needs is a transmission,its also been buried in the dirt for one year and sitting for two....................If there is anyone out there that is willing to part with a 4l60 tranny ,I have a 94 Buick Roadmaster Sedan that has decent body panels exterior parts on it that I am willing to trade for and a 92 f150 too.

As a '92 CC owner (CCRider) I can attest to the fact that once you get the T/M problem solved, you will love this car on the road. Am sure the Caprice and Roadmaster wagons are in the same catagory!!! Been on3 L-O-N-G road trips, and just a fantastic ride, and got 25-27 MPG every time; of course, depended on the heaviness of the right foot!!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Nice save! Shouldn't take too much to get going.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could not toss up this opportunity to have my first Olds Custom Cruiser.This wagon is in better shape (exterior and interior )than my 96 DGM RMW which has beige interior (which the wife and kids are in ) and the OCC its blue on blue.I hope to get her to the house by the end of the month before snow hits.

·
Super Moderator
8,894 Posts
4l60 = 700r4.
Not always true. Check the wiring harness plug before you go buying a replacement. I got burned on this when I was trying to help a guy out - he brought me two 4L60s and asked me to make one good one. I figured the valvebodies were the same and the three-wire plug was similar to the four-wire plug. Nope, not even close. So just FYI.

·
Registered
205 Posts
very nice save, and it has the rev counter in the dash. (one of my dash favourites)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Someone went through a LOT of trouble to add the cargo window/C pillar treatment to make that 92 look like a 91. Or, it's a 91... Check the title!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Someone went through a LOT of trouble to add the to make that 92 look like a 91. Or, it's a 91... Check the title!
I will not have the title until Friday. I do see the cargo window/C pillar treatment you are talking about.I did a web search under images and can to the conclusion that the 91 OCC has this treatment only and the 92 OCC does not,they are similar to the caprice wagon C pillar. Thanks for the 91 92 OCC 101 lesson.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Nice save. Good to see one stay out of the junkyard instead of going to it.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
NICE! Great save on a rare car. I notices once on the tow it now has Caprice rims on. What happenned to the stocks?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Hey, wait! That's got Maine plates, where did you score that? I'm kinda territorial!!! Lmao. Good save.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NICE! Great save on a rare car. I notices once on the tow it now has Caprice rims on. What happenned to the stocks?
Three of the wheels where flat and did not want to hold air.The 84 f350 flatbed we had was having a hard time pulling it out of the dirt with the flat tires, luckily I brought with us a set of caprice wheels for the swap.The OCC wheels will be going back on.

Hey, wait! That's got Maine plates, where did you score that? I'm kinda territorial!!! Lmao. Good save.
The Nice lady I got the wagon from was originally from Maine some where, then moved to Connecticut some time ago.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Any updates on the OCC?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No updates yet she is sleeping at my buddy's lot.I came across but another wagon that I wished I passed on.I found a 92 LO5 Caprice Classic Wagon good to fair condition,red on top silver on bottom with a white hood for $500...the reason I should of passed is it now needs a tranny.I am in the process of rebuilding another tranny to put in it to sell it which was my original intention.If everything goes good the money will go into a some sort of stage 2 rebuild tranny kit for the OCC during the winter.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts