Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just got back from a trip, and my 96 RMS is acting very weird electrically. I had just changed the battery and waterpump a few weeks ago, and I went to start it, and got nothing, no power to anything. Hook up a charger, and the taillights are inop, headlights are inop, hazards will not flash, front markers and turn signals are always on regardless of headlight switch position, and the front turn signal bulbs are extremely bright when the turn signal is turned to that light, and will only flash faintly and very quickly when activated.Also, when the hazard switch is depressed, the mirror reading lights turn on!! I hope this provides enough info, as I have no idea where to even begin looking for this issue. Thanks in advance, I'm going nucking futz!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Battery cables may be toast around the terminal end at the battery. Over time, with the original batterys propensity to leak acid, they may be rotton from the inside out. Check the positive one very carefully.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going out there today, so I will definitly give them a look. Any other suggestions before I dive in?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.