Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had a problem creep up recently... whenever turning left at a reasonable (or faster) speed, but ONLY turning left, I hear a sound from under the car, kinda feels like it's just behind the driver's seat. Best way to describe the sound is like pulling a big bolt through a hole in sheetmetal... that kinda metal *crrrrruck* kinda noise... it's very brief, and I have yet to notice any ill effects... I was thinking possibly a body mount? Any guesses?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think that might be the posi dying. It's a really awful, foreboding noise right?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well no, I've heard rear end noises before... and besides, this is just one quick little "cryuuunch" kinda noise, very brief, and only at sort of the apex of the turn (max. body roll)... like I said, sounds like a bolt behind yanked through sheetmetal, but it only lasts a fraction of a second.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, no other replies?
Dunno, maybe a loose body mount.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may have lost an alignment shim or two ... do a search for that topic. Apparently, many others have experienced this "crunch" sound (including myself :D )

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for that, I searched those threads, but I really DON'T think that's my problem... unless I'm completely insane, I'm damn sure the noise is coming from BEHIND me... and it only happens when turning left, not when stopping or starting...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts