Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. My friends call me Ody Slim. I have an un-molested 1996 B4U with 145,000 miles. I'm getting ready to re-build the entire front end. I just ordered
a Moog kit. All H/D parts & bushings. Ive owned it since 2002 I think. All I have done so far is change the fuel pump. Everyone I talked to said it was the Opti.
It was not the case. Had to tune it. Sent the PCM to PCM for less for an update. Just put on my 2nd set of tires. Couldnt find anything speed rated to fit the
9C1 rims so ended up with a set of Hankook skins. Im in the process of getting new springs, shocks & control arms. No rust on either car. Both from the south

A 1995 B4U model in Black with gray leather. Bought it in 2009 with 189k miles. I pulled the tired LT1 out and took a 4 bolt main 1996 4 LT1 block to an engine
builder. It got the whole shebang there. Scat forged stroker rotating system with all forged parts. Trick flow Fast as Cast heads. I had a Pro-Flow intake modified
and put on a 58mm polished throttle body. New injectors. Custom grind cam. Everything Roller. Holley EFI, Torqhead 24x LT1. New trans. 373:1. Autofab race
cars did the tuning. 475 horses at the crank. This spring I want to put a pro-Charger in it. I just had 2 9C1 rims widened to 10" fit 275/60/15 tires. I installed new
springs and shocks as well.

I still have a lot to do with both cars & looking forward to talking with everyone here.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Welcome! Good to have another last gen B- owner (x2) join the fold. You must have read the new member guidelines since there's not a single question in your detailed intro = kudos. If you stick some of the info above into a signature line then others will be able to reply smarter when jawing with you.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Bob noticed what I look for in an intro. Thumbs up there Friend. Side note. I was born right next door to you. Ft. Meade. I was raised in GB. Thus the gbhs. Welcome

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! Good to have another last gen B- owner (x2) join the fold. You must have read the new member guidelines since there's not a single question in your detailed intro = kudos. If you stick some of the info above into a signature line then others will be able to reply smarter when jawing with you.
Thanks for the welcome letter. Yes, I have to work on a decent & short email signature. I was going to use the
nickname for my 95 B4U. " Black Nasty" I hear it is used by a rapper band. Still trying to find a good nick name. The
96 B4U is a daily driver. It runs so good, it is scaring me :))

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob noticed what I look for in an intro. Thumbs up there Friend. Side note. I was born right next door to you. Ft. Meade. I was raised in GB. Thus the gbhs. Welcome

Hey Bob, Greetings into GB. Yes, lived in FM then moved 2 miles to Odenton. Finally getting a garage built
and will be able to work on my cars without the dirty looks & comments from passers by :))

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Hey Bob, Greetings into GB. Yes, lived in FM then moved 2 miles to Odenton. Finally getting a garage built
and will be able to work on my cars without the dirty looks & comments from passers by :))
No No, I'm Mark. I was just concurring with what Bob, 96Black, had said. prior to my post. It's nice having a garage to work out of. Congratulations. I only have a single and was rolling my frame out on a cart I made out of some wood I had laying around. I rolled it out to the back yard now. I'll bring it back once I have all the running gear ready. People used to stop by and were in awe that someone would do a frame off. No dirty looks. Keep us informed. BTW, I'm in Oklahoma now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sorry Mark. I used to work in a Vette shop in GB in the early 90's. there was always a frame off going on in the background. I cant get enough of working on cars! Great stress relief! Good luck in OK . This is a link to the first
start in the Black Nasty a few years ago. Notice the Z28 dash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts