Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several days ago I was trying to remove the body to frame bolts. All was going well till I snapped one off. Well hell. I started on another one and it just turned right out. The only thing holding it in was the rubber in the mount. It rusted in two and had a tack like point on it. This is not going well now. I found another that had a replacement non-stock bolt in it. Time out now. I'm thinking I better get some of the spacers that might be rusted too. Reading past posts on here I saw that the spacers are no longer available. Damn.
I started searching and I couldn't believe it. I found 9 of the spacers PN 6262234 Eight of them were new and one was good used. I bought 6 still in original packages. They arrived today. I also started looking for the 3, PN3524497, bolts I need. I found those today and have ordered them too.
The next thing to do is to get the old bolts out with the locator nuts and replace those. More info on here has shown me what I have to do to fix that problem.
If I don't need all 6 of the spacers they will be for sale here. I paid $131 for the six.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
976 Posts
Any of these bolts work for you?
From the '96 RMW I scrapped.
All bolts in good shape, gotta love SoCal cars and no rust/bolt breakage issues!

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Babe-:grin2: Thanks for the offer. I have the bolts on order. I got an email that they are waiting for them to come in. If it comes back NLA I will surely get with you. Hang on to those spacers too. I paid a little over $20 each with shipping. The ones I got were NOS though. Reading several past posts, people were looking for them because they are in a high rust (frame) area in some regions.

Mark: Snowman-33

1 - 3 of 3 Posts