Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a leak coming from this area not too long ago. I solved the problem with the GM gasket and o-ring kit right here, which was relatively painless. A couple weeks went by and the leak came up again in the same place. I know it's only coming from the adapter as I've been able to locate it to that exact spot.

When I took the adapter off the first time, I noticed an orange gasket that seemed to take the place of the o-ring. I figured that someone must have taken the gasket from an oil filter and used it in the o-ring's place. Now I'm wondering if that orange gasket should have been left in place. Keep in mind, there was no o-ring on the adapter when I removed it and this orange gasket was stuck on the block, but not baked on like the larger gasket.

Looking at NAPA's site, if found the following kit. This appears to have the standard two hole gasket, o-ring and orange gasket. Can anyone give any input on this?

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well given the fact that I only found the larger gasket when I originally removed the adapter I'm inclined to think you're right. I'll go ahead and omit the o-ring for now and keep an eye on it. Thanks again for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.