Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i changed my oil 2 days ago and last night i noticed something was hitting my exhaust and causing a leak, well today i got under the car and after wiping everything down i noticed it was coming from the oil filter housing/adapter...

ofcourse no one has the part in stock but the dealer but i wanted to know how hard it was to change and if there's somewhere i can get from online that i can have it overnighted to me...

thanx

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
i changed my oil 2 days ago and last night i noticed something was hitting my exhaust and causing a leak, well today i got under the car and after wiping everything down i noticed it was coming from the oil filter housing/adapter...

ofcourse no one has the part in stock but the dealer but i wanted to know how hard it was to change and if there's somewhere i can get from online that i can have it overnighted to me...

thanx
the dealer should be able to get that oring and gasket in a day
not hard to change. PITA to scrap the old gasket out of the block.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Advanceautoprts have the o-ring for $4.88

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
^^ you really need the updated gasket with the metal impregnated into it also.. Lego,
the new gasket with the metal impregnated is good to go, and should be problem free for a long tim.e

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Are users aware of the part number stickey at the top of this section? Lots of good info there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts