Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i run my rmw for a bit oil pressure is fine.. everything is peachy.. but when i park it and just turn the electical things on.. my oil light flickers.. sensor maybe?.. also battery and check engine light come on.. would these be sensors as well?..

Anyone go through this?..:confused:

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
When you put it in accessories, those lights will come on normally. The oil light for level should be off, and if you have an oil pressure light, it should be on steady.

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
It sounds like the oil pressure sensor. You can check it for specs. It may be worn, and not making good contact/breaking contact at idle. If it is flickering at ignition on without the engine running, it is probably the sensor. It should be on steady when the engine is not running and the ignition is on.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I think the one in the pan is the level sensor.
Don't recall where the pressure sensor is.

Side note: When you turn the key to on, ALL the warning/status lights should come on for a moment. Lets you know all the bulbs are working.

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
You did not state the year of your car. If you purchase one, and look for the similar part on your car, it will be obvious. Look near the oil filter.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You did not state the year of your car. If you purchase one, and look for the similar part on your car, it will be obvious. Look near the oil filter.
92 RMW.. just wanted to be sure it was the pressure sensor im replacing and not the level.. thanks a million agian fred!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.