Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I made the mistake of buyin an cheap 99 dollar ebay F-body 7 qt oil pan. Well, I got what I paid for of course, the pan leaks from the rear of the motor after puling it off twice to try to stop the spot where it was leaking from. Im currently eyeballing a Canton F-body pan from TRE performance on ebay. Its $299 shipped and the guy says that it will fit the Impala with no mods to the pan.

Are there any other aftermarket pans out there that will fit the B bodys with a stroker kit? Thanks for the info

·
Registered
158 Posts
oil pan

I bought a pan and valve covers from him do a search a guy was selling a canton oil pan for like 175

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Guys I made the mistake of buyin an cheap 99 dollar ebay F-body 7 qt oil pan. Well, I got what I paid for of course, the pan leaks from the rear of the motor after puling it off twice to try to stop the spot where it was leaking from. Im currently eyeballing a Canton F-body pan from TRE performance on ebay. Its $299 shipped and the guy says that it will fit the Impala with no mods to the pan.

Are there any other aftermarket pans out there that will fit the B bodys with a stroker kit? Thanks for the info

I have a GM 6 Quart Pan and it fits.
PN 12559029 about $120.00

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
How well you want to control the oil will determine the pans you have to choose from.
Yes, a GM pan will fit around any obstacles where some aftermarkets will not.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
......Are there any other aftermarket pans out there that will fit the B bodys with a stroker kit? Thanks for the info
I bought a Stefs pan from Karl Ellwein for my solid roller 398.

That being said, my current 396 has the stock oil pan that came with the car......100K+ miles on that engine

KW

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
ditto on what KW said. my 383 is stock pan using stock windage tray spaced 1/8" further away (1/8" washer between stud nut & tray). I did have to SLIGHTLY push out the front bottom in the area of #2 rod. Did this laying the pan on folded towel and a baseball bat on end to push down.

Place a stock pan on the motor (while on stand) with no gasket. hold your ear to the pan while someone rotates motor. There was a very small "scratch" on mine where there was contact and I just pushed it out. Put a dab of white liquid marker on offending rod bolt and tested again to confirm no marker was left.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I bought a pan and valve covers from him do a search a guy was selling a canton oil pan for like 175
The Canton pan will NOT fit around the dip stick tube. The 'V' formed in the pan for the tube clearance is inadequate as it is not a pronounced 'V' form and Canton REFUSES to make the form change. I cut out that area of the Canton pan and grafted a section from a GM pan into that area. Most will just do an amateur 'butcher job' by cutting off the tube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts