Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
The results of the two and three wire gauge test and your "repinning" the gauge working make sense.

The unknown is how it changed.

If everything works and does not shift again job done.

"The fuel guage also pegs out/maxes out if I push the brake with the key out. "
Start a new thread about this. I would unbolt and clean the grounds in the left and right kick panels, at the right fender, and at the trunk hinge.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The results of the two and three wire gauge test and your "repinning" the gauge working make sense.

Start a new thread about this. I would unbolt and clean the grounds in the left and right kick panels, at the right fender, and at the trunk hinge.

Thanks for all Yours and 95wagons help. I’m going to start another thread on the “fuel guage goes all the way up when I push the brake” I put an Ac Delco in. It was brand new from Rock auto. I have a life time guarantee on it. Ac Delco started doing lifetime warranties on fuel sending units a few years back. I was happy about that. I don’t know why but I don’t remember the fuel gage shooting all the way clockwise ( way past full tank 4 o’clock) just by shutting the car down. It only went way past full when I pushed the brake if I’m remembering correctly. Now it shoots up both when I shut the car off and push the brake with the car off. I reset it to normal by turning the key to on position which sends the needle to where my fuel actually is. My fuel reads correctly, it just has this issue where it shoots up when I shut the car off or push the brake. I think I remember it used to kind of come back down to where it’s supposed to be real slowly. Maybe it is a ground leak that just got this bad. Much thanks again.👍

41 - 44 of 44 Posts