Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 95 9C1 and the oil pressure used to move up to half mark and past when accelerating, now it stays low and upon constant throttle it's a little over 1/4 and won't even get to the half mark. What could this be?

Checked oil and topped it off.
Check engine light comes on for a few seconds upon parking at work/home.
I use mobil synthetic.
Sounds like lifters tapping a little upon startup.
New lifters, 10309 springs, proform 1.6 rockers, stock pushrods.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
i would always notice that the oil pressure in my beater (not the imp) would be really low when it was time for an oil change

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah man, I've done one a ways back, but the problem could be from an over rev, or running fast on the highway. I just don't know and she just feels different...

·
Registered
714 Posts
10309 springs and 1.6 Proforms here. Oil pressure isn't as low as yours, but it still is not to my liking.. seem to have some tapping on startup as well. Also have a few minor oil leaks- which to my understanding causes the gauge to 'twitch'.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, now we're getting somewhere! I like the idea about the gauge going out. I think I got another somewhere in the garage.
Well Cletus, I have about 170k on her and as you asked that question, I started thinking that I haven't changed the sender on this car yet. I usually change everything...Thanks
i also can Identify with Helpcomputer, I have oil pan leaks, steering box leaks, valvecover leaks, I've tried and tried to button up the leaks, ie...removing engine mount bolt and raising the engine with new felpro gasket and the right stuff. Did this about 3 TIMES!!! still drip, drip.
Changed timing cover opti gasket thinking it was leaking and she still leaks.
The Oil pressure thing started right after running a newer bmw 3 series into the ground on the highway. I know I hit 130! After that, she felt like something was off. I occasionally will get a check engine light for a few seconds when I put it in park before shutting it off.
BTW...the pressure did get up to the halfway mark.
Guess I'm just gonna drive her till she breaks something. Hate doing that! That is my friends MANTRA...lol

·
Registered
714 Posts
dropped the pan 3 times? that's rough...

how loud are your Proforms?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Mine sound like a V8 sewing machine... might be time for me to learn proper lash techniques.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.