Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got all of my gauges in for my triple gauge pod setup. Plan on doing it Saturday. Anyway, opened everything up and saw a HUGE cylinder shaped sender for the oil pressure gauge. Looked under the car about a week ago to find the plug above the oil filter for the sender location as recommended here. Well, from what i remember clearance seemed somewhat tight cause of the exhaust manifold. It should have been OK with just a little sender but not this big cylinder looking unit. Gauge is from Auto-meter BTW. Anyone run in to this issue? Do i n need to make adapters or something to mount it in a different spot? Please any help is appreciated as i need to get this done this weekend and need some help with this. Thanks

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
You could try a a 1/4 by a 1/4 female-Male NPT adapter (I have a brass Eaton brand one I can ship cheap if you want, send me a message if intrested)
Then get put a 90 degree 1/4 NPT fitting off that. JUST the 90* fitting might not have enough space to clear the oil filter "Hump" casted in the block, or the side of the engine block itself. The straight 1/4 m - 1/4 f gives you about a 3/4 inch more space.

This is how I put a stock sender in that spot on one of my cars.

This is on a Gen 1 small block but the LT1's are the same in this area. Perhaps a 90* off that fitting may give you clearance in one direction, up or down. Just use a quality fitting and a little bit of Teflon paste and it wont leak.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks! Ya i was at home depot tonight and picked up a 90 degree elbow as a start. I was thinking the same, put and elbow in and poiint it up or down etc. I did think that it might be too close to the block at that point so before buying more fittings im gonna check it first and if it is a problem ill get an adapter to extend it out a little more like ya said. At that point it should be ok im thinking. I really wanted to avoid a remote mount under the hood as the hose kits can be between like 30-50 bucks etc. Anyway, thanks again and ill see what i need this weekend. Hope it all works out as i cant wait for my set up:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts