Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Ive had a love for the fleetwoods & the caprice classics wit the LT1s for awhile i love the imapala ss but its out of my price range Im thinking of doing this sell my monte ss stock engine for the fleetwood thats for sell close by me Im a big guy & I test drove the fleetwood & im in love it has more power & luxury & comfort than my monte what do you guys think your opinions really count IM about 6ft 4in & my son is 6ft 6in heres some pics of my monte & the fleetwood I got my eye on. The montecarlo is 1987 the fleetwoods a 1995
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/bigjohn68/Themonte001.jpg?t=1171411088
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/bigjohn68/testpics101.jpg?t=1171411362
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/bigjohn68/testpics118.jpg?t=1171411475

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, that Fleetwood looks VERY nice. And it's in a somewhat rare color too, Calypso Green--quite the looker.

If you take a look at any of the posts around here, you'll see our opinion...pretty much, just buy one and enjoy the luxury, power, and reliability we all have for years ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I love that color to my wife & friends think im crazy but i think im gonna do it a guy suppose to buy my monte sat or sun then i think im gonna go get that fleetwood I hope I dont lose it its been there a while we will see

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh i agree, the colour is rare and it sure looks good.

Good luck with it.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, forgot to ask what the mileage is and what are they asking for it?

By the looks of the pics it has the tan interior as well.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope you buy it, im 6'4" and my fleetwood is THE most comforatable car ive ever sat in..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whatever you do DON'T BUY THAT CAR! It's a piece of junk and will fall apart as soon as you get it. Go ahead and give me the address where it's located. I'll be sure it never bothers anyone again!

Seriously. That's only the second Calypso Green one I've seen. They're hard to find an exactly what I was looking for. Snag it now!

Nice Monte too.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum there... Lets see your gonna ask a bunch of Fleetwood nuts our opinion on what you should do! HA!!! I would say keep the Monte... LOL... J/K... That Fleetwood looks nice I would snatch it in a second... Hope you buy it. Keep us posted, and good luck!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for all the responses if everything goes right im getting that fleetwood I will keep you guys posted.. fastwood thanks on info about that grille that will be my first Mod the price is right i love that look

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was in the very same boat .. I had a 86 Monte Carlo SS that I sold after I bought my 95 Impala SS .. I miss that car but the Impala is the better car and the Fleetwood is even a step up from that .. for $3900.00 That car would already be in my driveway .. That thing is beautiful !!! GO BUY IT NOW !!!!

Kenny

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice fleetwood, that is the same color as my fleetwood now. you will get a lot of compliment on that fleet, a lot of people like that color.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, here's another vote to make the buy. That's my color, except my V4P has a black interior and had 110K on it at the same price. I'm 6'3" and I can vouch for the comfort level. I have an SS, a Z28 droptop and some other stuff, but the Fleetwood is the one I get in most days for the commute and at the end of the day I often miss it if I drive something else. It's also the only car I have that my wife actually likes (she drives a full size van) because it's so comfortable and quiet. With that mileage, be prepared to get some new shocks. If the suspension hasn't been refurbed you'll probably want to upgrade, because it will likely be a floater. Other than that, change out the fluids and enjoy.

Gary

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Either? Or?' I say "None of the above." I call, "BOTH".

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^+1. Keep em both. See about collector insurance on the Monte.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would keep both but dont have time or space or funds to keep both but I know I will regret getting rid of that monte but that fleewood just
makes juices flow especially when i test drove it WHOA !!!! it moves smooth & powerful maybe if the monte had a 350 but that LT1 goes baby. I gots too chill the fleetwoods makin me get a wood.....y

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So John are you in NY or NJ??? I'm still hoping your geting it...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Psshhttt... screw that fleetwood, it's way too nice, and you will love it too much... You'll be spoiled once you lose it! i would know.
A friend of mine was 6'7", and he absolutly loved his. He was only as comfortable in big SUV's and Trucks... but they don't ride nearly as nice! It was a 90, but it's pretty much the same car past the shell.

Buy it, duh! Kick that monte to the curb and ride in style!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts