Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im 6'4 and sit way back in my ss, i keep hearing about removing the 6x9 to improve rear sound, #1 my current set plays very loud and since i sit way back they actually seem like most of my sound...i like the thought of using the holes as ports for my four 12 woofers in the trunk, will my fron spaekers be loud enough? i will upgrade from my 5 1/4 component set, probably the focal 6.5 set or the boston pro series? should i put more speakers in the front and if so how?
any help would be great.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First, if you loose the 6x9's and put in subs, then you won't hear anything else but bass. I'd leave them in, or maybe go with a coaxial instead of a triaxial. And if you're going with a sub or four, you'll probably want to upgrade your front speakers to a 6.5 component setup, from Boston Acoustic or other high end manufacturer. Anything extra than whats already in there and you'll have to cut some sheet metal in the doors. And AMP everything with the best you can afford. Just my .02 cents...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS FOR THE REPLY, I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE CLEAR THOUGH. I ALREADY HAVE FOUR SUBS IN A SEALED ENCLOSURE AND INFINTY 6X9 IN THE BACK. I WOULD LIKE TO INCREASE MY BASS SO IM THINKING OF THE REMOVING MY 6X9'S AND USING THE REMAINING HOLES AS PORTS..SO THE QUESTION IS WHAT SPEAKERS AND POWER SHOULD I LOOK TO USE IF I GO FRONT ONLY? WILL A PAIR BE LOUD ENOUGH AND IF SO WHAT PAIR? THANKS GUYS I APPRECIATE YOUR TIME.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ports will definitely improve the bass response in the car since the sound will travel along the roof to the front windshield. As for the front, do you plan on having an amp power the speakers. Personally I have liked the Boston Pros or MB Quarts. But it all varies on you ears. I suggest going to a shop and seeing what you like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts