Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only hold up this section for so long with riveting accounts of my ABS sensor traumas. Then, I gotta do something more drastic.

So, I came up with this incredibly brilliant idea to go back in time and hunt a thread chock full of poignancy, and preferably one possessing both dearly departed and current posters, alike. Oh, the topic has to conform to very stingent guidelines of being either witty or lame, coupled with being either useful or pointless.

So here's the first installment;
http://impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=35;t=000116

Waddaya's think? Be honest. Any feedback or replies whatsoever regardless of comment will be taken as a sign of encouragement and approval and I'll come up with more of the same. On the other hand, any ABSENSE of replies or feedback will be taken as a sign of encouragement and approval for more of the same.

I'm sorry, but it's winter here. With summer rubber and our weather I get ADHD this time of year; All Driving Hellaciously Dangerous. I'll cease and desist in about 3 months!
:(

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh you poor thing you. You need a winter hobby. How about I send ya my car so you could straighten out the panels for me and make em look all pretty... Thats was a blast from the past... I was just discovering this car and its possibbilty. Its funny i had the same car Cincy RT had. Mine was the 85 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe. I miss those cars. I had two of em'. One was stock and the other had a 1970 Olds Rocket 350... It was a lot of fun!!!

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Too long ago for me... I was driving a 1993 Lincoln Town Car Cartier back in 2002.. :(

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good info on the thread. gonna find out if the flange kit is still available... I culd ise it in my car...

Keep em comin' Bob...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I learned something new ;) My 94 Brougham has triple lumbar and the 95/96 models don't. Makes since now, saw a 95/96 FWB on ebay and the seat controls were fishy looking. They look just like a RM limited seat control.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Almost lost front page and y'all thought I'd forget, eh?

Well, here 'tis!!! Drum roll:
http://impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=35;t=000697#000000

So exactly 2 years later = how we doin'?

Got my rear bumper cherried up, did the "UCA hoghole repair" mod, polished up the taillights, slapped on a hitch, some tires, and not a whole hell of a lot else!

The bright side is the boy's Monte is running strong as a $#!T ! :cool:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just when Dan thought everyone forgot about that incident :rolleyes: You are a bad man, 96Black

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still didn't get to the rear disc mod from that post. I got most of the parts but my attention has been diverted to other projects... ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by FASSTWOOD:
I still didn't get to the rear disc mod from that post. I got most of the parts but my attention has been diverted to other projects... ;)
I got all the parts too, but for some reason I haven't made it priority. :(

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OMG

When you guys finally git off yur butt and git it done you're gonna be so like that white-robed quivering near-dead old goat lookin like he's about to have an excitement on himself in Space Odyssey 2010 when says, "It's Gonna Be Wonderful!!"

ps - Anyone else? How else could you describe it to someone who ain't driven with rear discs yet? I'm sure it would have to be right up there with getting a T56 though . . . .well, or twin turbos . . . or a little Whipple, Paxton or Roots.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much do all the parts cost for the rear disc conversion? I need more stopping power with all this Chicago traffic...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
$750 or so, all in as a kit from Navy Lifer IIRC. Outside of the specially fab modded backing plates he built, you might maybe can round up everything on your own for a tiny bit cheaper, but 'turnkey' in this particular case met my threshhold for value-added.

Someone here was in the mood to sell his parts a year or two back. Search past threads and yee shall be rewarded, or, PM Bill = he MAY have access to some items still if you really are serious about procurement.

HTH

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Much appreciated!! Now.. what do I do next, the rear discs or the 3.73 gears and Eaton Posi... :confused:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Elias, you can do the mod for very cheap, it won't cost that much unless you buy the after market kit, i have all the pieces, but i been so busy with the buying of the house that i haven't had time to do it, i got the rear backing plate of ebay for $30 the set adn bought the rest at auto zone, and spend about $150 for all of it, so it can be done. but if i would you, i would do the gears and posi first.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts