Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car came with no rear swaybar. I would really like to add the HO bar but funds are limited and that requires other upgrades. So my question is since the aftermarket bars are listed 77-96 would a 77-up rear bar work? I have called a bunch of junk yards locally one said they have some older cars but no 91-up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anything from 78 and up (maybe 77 too?) should work, however.....

To the best of my knowledge, the BIGGEST STOCK bar in that entire run is the 94-96 SS/9C1 bar.

I personally think you'd be better off by trying (this forum, other places, etc) to find a used SS stock (or aftermarket) rear bar on the cheap and going from there.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ed. I thought the SS and 9C1 got the same bars as civilian if the civi. had a rear bar at all. I guess I will post a request for one in the parts wanted section. By the way how bad is shipping on something like that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AutocroSSer:
Anything from 78 and up (maybe 77 too?) should work, however.....

To the best of my knowledge, the BIGGEST STOCK bar in that entire run is the 94-96 SS/9C1 bar.

Ed
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, my 78' Caprice with F41 suspension came with the exact same diameter bars as my Impala SS. Therefore, the big bars are available on the older cars as well and should hopefully give you additional options at the junk yard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.