Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 shop manual shows two different fitting on the fuel filter, Plastic and metal collar type. I ordered one from rock auto if came with plastic..Does that mean if might not fit my 95 Wagon???:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:Oldhead

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
All the ones that I've seen had plastic retainers...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you could just look at your fuel filter to see

The ones I have put on my Impala had the plastic ones....I don't have a wagon but I suspect it does to
I am 81 YO.I have trouble jacking..Wanted to find if I have the right one before jacking:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:Oldhead

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
Why not purchase the AC Delco filter specified for the car,and you'll be certain that it's the right one. I wouldn't recommend any of the discount pats store garbage anyway...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not purchase the AC Delco filter specified for the car,and you'll be certain that it's the right one. I wouldn't recommend any of the discount pats store garbage anyway...
If chevy's shop manual says there two AC Delco filters, I would say theres two Oldhead

·
Registered
6,744 Posts
I've always asked for one for my car. Not sure why they show two different ones for your car. Have a copy of VIN when going to dealer,and they determine which one is yours.

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
My 94 shop manual shows two different fitting on the fuel filter, Plastic and metal collar type. I ordered one from rock auto if came with plastic..Does that mean if might not fit my 95 Wagon???:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:Oldhead
I do not jack up car for fuel filter .. drive up rear on ramps back up on ramps .... then I do the nylon line removal after washing it down ...

95 I would say all plastic

94 manual ???? don't know about that info..

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Just looked at my 95. The filter should be all metal with some plastic clips on the ends. Pushing those clips “in” will release the plastic fittings on the nylon fuel lines. Pull the lines off of the filter and change the filter. Put lines back on and you are done.

Have been using non delco filters for many years, with no problems. Once I saw China on the parts I ordered from the dealer in the mid 90s, I stopped caring.

Brought a smile to my face when I saw USA on all the Moog parts I bought from RA last week.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
I have no issues with Fuel Filters from places like AZ or Advance. I don't think you need to go Delco for a Fuel or Oil filter. The last Fuel filter I installed was a Purolator Brand Fuel Filter. I stay away from anything Fram but for the money and convenience find that Purolator is a pretty good brand to use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts