Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

On it's way

879 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  gbhs72 
#1 ·
Since taking the bolts out of my frame I found I was going to have to replace the body bushings also. Knowing that the Mueller Mod bushings & GM 9C1 bushings were no longer available, I chose the Energy Suspension 3.4136G. Searching I found them at Amazon. They were $78.78 shipped. I placed the order on June 22 and waited to hear from the seller. I received a conformation of the order but no indication of shipping. This morning I got that and they should arrive Tuesday according to the letter I got. I guess I can say the wait for shipping is worth the approx. $80 difference from other big name retailers.

Mark: Snowman-33

#2 ·
Are the Energy Suspension you ordered urethane, or rubber? I've heard those installing urethane get a noticeably 'firmer' ride. Almost too firm. What's your research show you?

#3 ·
Bob, I wrote a reply to your question this morning but it didn't post for some reason. Yes they are polyurethane and the hard ones too. It really doesn't matter. When I first started working on this it was to be a DD. Well that went out the door. I have had over 100 cars in my life and never had one that was just a fun car. I had to rely on them to be the grocery getter and such. Anyway, about the firmness. I THINK IT'S BETTER FIRM, DON'T YOU?

#4 ·
""I THINK IT'S BETTER FIRM, DON'T YOU?""

Well applying that to life in general is a pretty wise default. ;) Don't know about how the mounts go, but there is a bunch of chatter on how errone gets the graphite impregnated urethane suspension parts because the ones without that can get to squeaking. You might want to glop some sort of lube around when installing. Since it ain't your driver the extra treatment might last a while.

Report back your SOTP when done eh.

And WTH 100 cars! I done had only 13 in almost 50 years. But the majority end up being death-do-us-part relationships.

#5 ·
The black mounts are the graphite impregnated ones. The red mounts are the ones you have to lube up for smooth ride with no squelling. Yeah all those cars on two continents. My first one 57 Chevy I got on my 16th birthday in McPherson, Ks. A week later I drove it to Maryland. Car cost $250. Lots of VDubs in there including a bus and a Baja Bug. I had a Porsche, At least 5 four wheel drives. While I was in Germany I got a 1975 dodge Power Wagon for $1500 and that was in 1977. Dad always said "Good deals follow bad times." The guy was getting a divorce.
Back to my car. I'll be sure to post my thoughts on a lot of things. The engine started just as little warmed over stocker then I found some aluminum heads for such a good deal I couldn't pass on them. Now the stock+ thing is over. Hopefully I can pick the short block up next week. :laugh:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.