Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I know that this is beating the dead horse and I apologize. I have read as much as I could find about the swap but I am just looking for some details..
I recently picked up a 96 ss impala for cheap because the tranny 3-4 clutch pack is out I believe..(My car is stock) I have found a rebuilt 4l60e from a 97 2WD suburban with almost no miles.That I am picking up tomorrow depending on the outcome here especially The truck had an LT1 from what I understand so I am hoping that this would be compatible.. According to what Ive read it should be... Right? my question is what else do I need to swap or do from my old tranny if anything to make the swap properly. Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
No LT-1's in trucks. According to the info in the sticky, it should work. Be sure the tailshaft mount is the same, if not, it's simple to switch.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hi everyone I know that this is beating the dead horse and I apologize. I have read as much as I could find about the swap but I am just looking for some details..
I recently picked up a 96 ss impala for cheap because the tranny 3-4 clutch pack is out I believe..(My car is stock) I have found a rebuilt 4l60e from a 97 2WD suburban with almost no miles.That I am picking up tomorrow depending on the outcome here especially The truck had an LT1 from what I understand so I am hoping that this would be compatible.. According to what Ive read it should be... Right? my question is what else do I need to swap or do from my old tranny if anything to make the swap properly. Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance....
Im learning about these trannys but I searched online this is what I got.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Will_a_4l60e_in_a_97_2wd_suburban_fit_in_a_95_caprice

·
Registered
3,505 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Given all the incorrect answers I can see on that Site, you would be better off believing the information in the stickies which was prepared by people who know what they are talking about.

I agree with you. I was just collaborating what I can locate. Sometimes I find it hard to navigate the drivetrain section on this site.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.