Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 DCM wagon has wood delete. I have yet to see one anywhere else. I did ask the two sources others have suggested, the GM heritage center and the Sloan museum. Neither has numbers of cars with color or trim combinations. Curious as to how many others there would be. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So 900 of 9100 built were DCM, 1100 had wood delete, 1000 had pin stripes and of those, 300 were tan stripes. Using per cent of total, that suggests 90 or so would have had that combination. But it's possible that dealers ordered those combinations together sometimes. And of those, how many are in the recycler?

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
You may just possibly have the only non-woody tan pin-striped DCM roady wagon left in the world!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes and that will buy me what exactly? Free BarrettJackson tickets? I'm holding my breath. I now see that there are two like cars in the gallery section, but don't know about the pin stripes. Well it's interesting history anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Nice Ride!
The only thing I'd do is reverse mount the tires to get rid of white walls
and murder-out the wheels gloss black to match the tint and look MEAN!
That'd be one of a kind! :)

Nab

·
Registered
157 Posts
What a great wagon ! For those of us that love these cars, that DCM wood delete is on the top of the list when it comes down to great looks..... Black and DCM wood delete wagons are my favorites, and I have only ever seen the DCM in person and on the road .....

Last year I saw a black RMW on craigslist , that was reasonably priced, fairly clean, and had about 120k miles on it. The car sold in one day. It was posted in the morning and I called to go see it at 3 pm .... It was already gone .... I still want one ....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Better looking with whitewalls out

For those of us who like the sleeper look, and to attract less law enforcement attention, whitewalls out. See sig for particulars. 9C1 in Roadmaster clothing. Originally, the tires were the 235/70R15 whitewall Goodyear Eagle RS-A used on 9C1 undercover cars. They were the same tire model and size used on the regular LT1 9C1's, just whitewall instead of blackwall. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts