Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
occasionally I find when typing a reply be it to a thread or PM I can only get one or two letters in and then I have to click to continue. Every time I hit space bar I have to then click to get the letter to insert in message (get the small vertical prompter line that shows where I am at in a message)

I have been just doing a message in word, cut & paste in message as way to annoying to take 3 steps just to enter each letter of each word.

I cut & pasted this message

This is the only forum I have this issue with. Any other office program I use or email does not do this so thinking it is a site issue vs my puter

thanks admin

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Hey Ballss. I thought it was me. I'm having the same trouble. I'm also having the same thing with my Yahoo Email. I will get a harp sound and the blue busy circle starts. Then I get a "Recover Webpage" alert. It is very annoying. :frown2:
Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
8,049 Posts

·
Registered
8,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So as you see from the above two posts I can only type in a few letters at a time. The “prompt” line just disappears so I have to click it on and quickly type but only 1-4 letters at a time.

I typed this in word and cut & pasted it

That took a few trys as the prompt line goes away very quick

weird

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
I use Edge. I just started having trouble here yesterday. If I type slowly it's not so bad.
Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Used To Use Iron -

Now, FireFox.

It's about the mostest mainstream I figure there is after undesirable IE and Chrome. You see I had this exact issue 2 weeks back. I'm not a codehead, and I appreciate the need for cookies and trackers for various purposes. BUT, is there any way all those ratcheting addresses down there could be derailing things?

·
Administrator
448 Posts
I'm tested with Firefox and Chrome, and I can't get this behaviour to recreate. If you think it might be cookies related it may be wise to clear out cookies and cache for your browser and see if that improves things (a good thing to do for any browser issue).

Trying to figure out the missing element here. Do you use any extra add-ons with your Chrome browser? Like a ad-blocker or anything else?

Kevin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts