Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I replaced both front brake pads on my caprice,but I only replaced one rotor(drivers side)...Is it ok if I plan to change the passenger side rotor next week???/ I know I should have changed both at once but it got late and it turned out to be a real pain. There was nothing wrong with the passenger side rotor, but I don't want two different unequal ware rotors on the front of my car.

Also should I bleed the brakes now or after I change the other rotor next week????

·
Registered
271 Posts
You'll be fine till next week on the rotor.

For the brake fluid, as long as your brakes work, it can wait too. :)

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
If there's nothing "wrong" with the rotor I take it that includes it hasn't been turned in the past and isn't warped now? If so then there's no real reason to change it at all.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If the car stops straight, it doesn't matter.

I had to sorta slam my brakes today and the car still pulls to the left when stopping....Would only one new rotor be causing this??

ALSO: I noticed the rubber ring around the passenger side piston looked like it got a little out of it's formation when we were pushing back the piston from the caliber without using the right tools. I was also concerned about that

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
No, you, probably, have a bad caliper. As long as a rotor is in thickness specs and not warped it's(almost never) an issue.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, you, probably, have a bad caliper. As long as a rotor is in thickness specs and not warped it's(almost never) an issue.

Well there is something else I am noticing since the new one rotor on the driver side and pads:
I had recently had an alignment done like no less than 2 months ago when I had purchased new tires, and It was going perfectly straight ever since, but not only is it pulling to the left when hitting the brakes but I am noticing it is now pulling to the left when just driving on the freeway....

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Caliper isn't releasing. Or it's releasing very slowly. Or the hose on that side has collapsed internally and isn't letting pressure off(and so the caliper isn't releasing fully). The latter is particularly annoying, but I'm going to bet you're safe in that regard and it's just the caliper. And while replacing both rotors doesn't really make a lot of difference I would always replace both calipers at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts