Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only my 2nd day in "Sexy Black" and some idiot in a Porsche cuts me off and ......

As you get off the highway to go to my kids' school, you have to be in the right lane to turn right. I found myself in the middle lane, and no matter how much I sped up or slowed down, this dude in a Porsche kept pacing me and not letting me over - all the way to the point I came to a full stop so he'd finally go and be out of my way.

He also came to a stop. Empty road in front of us - about 8 more car lengths to the light - and lots of cars behind us. He motions for us to roll the window down, so Blase did.

The guy says, "Hey man, I just HAD to tell you how much I really LOVE your car!" Then he sped off and zipped around the corner. I yelled "thanks!" in return - and Blase just sat there in disbelief and finally says, "Dad. That dude, that just did THAT..... dude ..... HE was in a PORSCHE!!!!"

Talk about a 180 from where I thought it was going! It totally made my day, and I'd picked up these wheels last weekend on the stupid cheap - so I went and had them thrown on after work.

I. AM. IN. LOVE. ..... which is no surprise. I halfway planned that I'd dig the car, but I just can't get over how much the rest of the world seems to notice it and give me love about it too.

Anyway, here's the new love in my life, "Sexy Black" in her new shoes.

I can't help the name, but I can't think of a better one either. Alls I know is that every time I approach her since the day I first looked at it - I hear Timberlake in my head singing, "I'm bringin' Sexy Black!" - then I agree with him.

Thanks for the look,
John

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. That's pretty sharp. When you get ready to sell it, let me know (or if you want to trade for a 98 Exploder ) :D

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Lol @ sexy black. Thanks. You've ruined it for me. :p

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
My Roadmaster looks like a senior citizens car. Yours looks BADA$$!

Wheels look great on your car!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. There were 2 guys working at the shop that both asked skeptically, "You're putting Weld racing wheels on THAT?"

Then once they were on, they couldn't believe how well they worked on the car. Even if they had still been haters, I still like them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks. There were 2 guys working at the shop that both asked skeptically, "You're putting Weld racing wheels on THAT?"

Then once they were on, they couldn't believe how well they worked on the car. Even if they had still been haters, I still like them.
God damn dood. I am in love with Fleetwood's. That's gonna be the first car I buy. That is one sexy ass car. Can we get some more pics and the story behind that? I swear after after wesst coast gathering I'm putting away all my paychecks until I can find a good Fleetwood.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I think Timberlake's song was originally going to be "I'm bringing Caddy Black" to the ISSCA Nats.

Nice ride, but mentioning that horrid song is a huge buzz kill. cwm8

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
God damn dood. I am in love with Fleetwood's. That's gonna be the first car I buy. That is one sexy ass car. Can we get some more pics and the story behind that? I swear after after wesst coast gathering I'm putting away all my paychecks until I can find a good Fleetwood.
Thanks guys.

The car is a bone stock 126k miles funeral home car. Brougham with moonroof and the towing package that gives it 3.42 gears. No special story. Found it on craigslist about an hour away.

4 days before I picked the car up, I was at a car show with my 65 wagon and had bought some old wheels to sell that were 4.75 pattern, but the rears had a wonky offset that wouldn't fit the wagon. By dumb luck, I just happened to park next to a guy that says, "Damn. I could use those wheels, but I'm broke. I've got a set of Pro-Stars I'd trade you, but they're a 5x5 pattern"

I had to throw in $25 because his wheels had crappy tires and were technically "rollers" but it was worth it. When I bought the car, it was wearing brand new hankook tires, so I just had them swapped onto the chrome wheels and rolled with it - and this thing has been getting MAD love everywhere I've taken it since.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,204 Posts
There's a Fleetwood section on the forum? Since when?

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Still needs more low. And whitewalls. And flames. :)

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Sexy black it is!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Fleetwoods in metro NY have been either run down by livery or crushed in cash for clunkers. I always get looks, and the occasional compliment, in a triple black cadillac.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts