Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently I somehow missed about a hundred posts stating not to reuse the bolts for the front sway bar mounts :( I cleaned the originals up and greased them well, some of the threads looked a little worn, but decided to reinstall them anyway. Seemed like they went in fine, and tightened up pretty dang tight without any fuss. Still seem to be holding tight 2 weeks later after a good bit of spirited driving.
So what do I do? Leave them in, check them often, and keep my fingers crossed? Or take them out, hoping it doesn't strip the frame, and put new ones in while holding my breath?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did just as you did----2 years ago. Mine are still tight and holding good-------could i be the exception to the rule? I don't know, but I do know they are still holding.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive replaced swaybar bushings many times without stripping frame. Has happened only once so i used a nut and bolt on that one through a frame hole.

Leave it alone LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What Shane said. I installed my F-Body bar in '97 with the original bolts anad they are still tight and all there. Those taht know me know I do have a tendency to drive in a "spirited manner". :rolleyes:

SStewart

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.