Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had an earlier post on the farenheit 15's that i had. they sounded good. then the right channel developed a cracking sound while at low volumes, but when i turned it up it went away. after a long time of looking for why it did this, it just got worse. then it would quit completely at low volumes and worked at loud volumes, but when it was turned down, you could gently push on the cone and it would start to play again. now does that make any sense? :confused: now it just completely stoppedand only works when the volume is really high and i push on the cone. i'm gonna call the company i bought them from monday morning to see if i canget it replaced. or i might try to work some kind of trade for some rockford fosgate power HX2's. i think that the voice coil is loose or broken on the inside. do any of you know what this might be?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sounds like something broke. definalty get that checked out soon. hopefully they will replace under warrenty.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the voice coil has came unraveled,due to heat build up.You might want to check your gain control on your amp. :(

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok. thanks guys. i called the company today. they said to send it to the farenheit company and they would repair the sub for free. but the bad thing about it is that it is going to take 3-4 weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts