Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres what Im working with on the old 95 Imp DCM..

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pics of OPERATION RUST!!!

95 Imp DCM cwm8

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Remove, Sandblast, Powdercoat.

·
Registered
346 Posts
damn you never see a car that bad down here that's only 15 years old. I don't think I have seen any rust on my car. your floor must be about to fallout if that's how your bay looks.

·
Registered
442 Posts
dont feel bad, my 96 with 79k is in about the same shape ... but oddly enough the floors are not bad,just by the pedals on the driver side

cant wait to see the end result

·
Registered
946 Posts
How do you plan to remove the rust? I got some rust at the same places. Just small spots though.

Will be interesting to see the result. These rustspots has annoyed me for years.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Check your underbelly very well, quarter panels, B-pillars and the frame. Dont waste money on it if its all shot.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive went thru the whole car, the quarts and pillars are all good, frame is solid.

Car was in Illinois for 13 + years and it looks like the front of the car stayed uncovered?? Kinda wired. @ Blackss where did you get inner fenders at?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Car was in Illinois for 13 + years and it looks like the front of the car stayed uncovered?? Kinda wired. @ Blackss where did you get inner fenders at?

thats freakish , mine came from illinois , same rust!LOL

and i found some inners on here cheap and just painted them wends ;)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
What I would give to have a spray setup!

Here is my pics. Almost finished product

3 layers of POR15 all over

2 layers of filler primer on the enginebay side

4 layers of Second Skin audios Spectrum on the wheel side

3 layers of VHT gloss black epoxy paint on the enginebay side

Still to come

A few layers of 3M rubberized undercoating

A few Layers of spray on truck bed liner

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
One of you guys care to show the process of how u turned the before into the after?i would like to do this to my wagon i have some rust spots id love to get rid of. Would rather know how to do it myself than pay someone to do itcwm1

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
I had a hole in my PS wheelhouse that you could stick your fist through. It was right behind the battery. Battery trays are usually the first part to go.

I have a really nice core support from a Florida car. $165 delivered to your nearest Greyhound Depot (new ones are over $1K). The inner fenders for all years of the wagons and Caprice sedans will bolt up, but you may have to drill a few accessory holes.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
One of you guys care to show the process of how u turned the before into the after?i would like to do this to my wagon i have some rust spots id love to get rid of. Would rather know how to do it myself than pay someone to do itcwm1
First thing you should do is contact a local powder coating place and see how much they would charge to sandblast and powder coat your inner fenders if you remove them and bring them up there.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's what I have after....

A wire brush, aqua clean, rust blast and two coats of rust seal. Next I gotta sand it all down and paint then clear coat.. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is another pic

Still got work to go, trying to NOT remove them.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One mopre try to load up this pic

I used a company called KRS they have a whole slew of anit-rust products. :):):)

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts