Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which 9C1 do you like best.

or

I bought the 92 first, but I just had to have a 96 with the LT1.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I ask myself this question all the time. I really cannot ever descide.

Frankly, I don't think it would be fair to judge them simply by the two picures provided.

I will say I like the picture of the 96 better than the picture of the 92. :rolleyes:

:eek: :eek: :eek: WARNING WARNING WARNING :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is exactly how I got started! Well, not exactly, I did have an '85 Impala first, but I replaced it with my '91, then the collection got goin...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's making you pick one, isn't she :cool:

I love your 96, it's tight. I'm not a big wheel skirt fan, and I like the dash of the 94-96 better than the 91-93.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rodalt2,

Personally, I like the 91-92s with the rear wheel skirts, sooo, I would say the 92. Pictures do not always do justice. To me that rear wheel skirt enhances the body lines of the Caprice, it makes it look/have a more custom look to it than the standard rear wheel "cut-out". With a nice set of 17" wheels and tires you just can not beat that desinctive look of the 91-92s.

Dave :eek: :rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the look of the rearmost side window on the earlier models. I like the darker color also.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're both nice cars. The picture of the '96 is better, but you've got to get some SS springs for it. I'd get a nose bleed if I sat that high all the time!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both nice... but I like the '96 better. I like the '95/6 rear side window and '93-'96 tailights better than the earlier versions, and I'm not a big fan of the '91/2 rear wheelwells. Most importantly, though, is the big difference under the hood! Gotta have the LT1! I have to agree with MAUSS though, you need to lose the 4x4 stance! ;) Love the color, same as mine! :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the 96 better. Alot more potential mod wise with the LT1. Although the rear quarter skirts look good on the wagons, I dont care for them on the sedans.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow that is a hard desicion. i love the 91-92 for the skirts but the 94-96's for the LT1!
you really do need to lower it. i did but i'd like to have another one in stock height so i could still catch some air once in awhile! hehe :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FUN 9C1:
Love the color, same as mine! :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine too! :D

I like the 95-96 rear 1/4 windows better + the open wheel wells + the LT1 = its a no brainer! ;)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:eek: Wow, I never noticed that the side windows were diffrent. Thank you rodalt for that side by side.

Now you've went and done it. :D

My opinion: I hated the way the wheel skirts looked. But for some reason, the SS rims make the skirts look better. I also think the SS rims make RMs and Fleetwoods look better too. But I would have to cast my vote for the 96. Factor in an LT-1, there is no question. .02

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jimbeau Keep both rides, sell wife. - Jim, I agree keep both sell wife and then buy one more, keep'em from getting crushed. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts