Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took everything apart and getting ready to reinstall a new opti which I have soon before
But I can not remember how to line it back up
How do you align the pin from the cam into the opti
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Wow. Just wow. Good thing I happened upon this first = you'da had your a- handed to ya by lotsa others.

You can't sell parts for 20 more posts but you can sure search. If something against that then get a FSR. Now that you put up with that whoopin' all I can offer is one cog in the crank is shaped different and correctly fits the pin, and the other two cogs don't. Good luck on your first try. You sure don't wanna do it over. I do every step 12 times just to increase my odds of success.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
When properly lined up there will be no space between the opti mounting holes and the timing cover. If there is ANY gap .......meaning not metal to metal, it is not correctly mounted. Pretty easy once you've done it or look at the notch inside the opti.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help
After I asked the question went back in garage and I figured it out
But thanks for the quick response
I did one a couple years back but I forgot how to align it back in
Which hole the pin goes in
But thanks again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I put the new one in along with new wires I didn’t put new plugs cause I just did all of this a year and a half ago and the computer said distributor was the problem
Well the ompti wasn’t the problem after all
So back to square one

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
I just did all of this a year and a half ago and the computer said distributor was the problem
Well the ompti wasn’t the problem after all
So back to square one

...so your "computer" said opti was bad???

...ah what year car?

….and did this "computer" say a specific code?

generally Opti fail does not throw a code but if it did you would need a "scan" tool capable of reading diagnostic codes for whatever year car you have

what brand opti?

have you checked ICM?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts