Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the deal. during my cam swap, i deleted a lot of unwanted/uneccesary stuff. during that process, i installed a 1LE intake elbow to my car that cam with a intake kit i bought used. the elbow didnt have a vent hole in it for the opti like the factory one does. so, what i did was ran the opti vent hose that normally goes there into the side of the intake manifold where i had an extra vacuum spot that wasnt being used. my question is will this mod hurt the opti in the long run? i know one line from the opti goes to the manifold and the other goes to the intake elbow but i now have BOTH lines going to the manifold.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
thats not going to work.
the end that normally is inserted into the intake elbow has to be exposed to ambient air pressure, not intake manifold vacuum like the other end.
You'll have to figure some way of putting it back into the intake system in front of the throttle blades or adapt some small filter so debris isnt drawn into the hose.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I would just poke a small hole in the boot and plug the little elbow into it. You could then seal it with a dab of clear RTV just to be safe.

·
Registered
133 Posts
That's what I did long time ago when messing with this stuff. Drilled small hole much same place as stock one. Then a drop dish wash liquid to lube and poped blue fitting into drilled hole. Still there today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts