Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly is this option? Are they C91 springs? How much higher do these (optional heavy duty trailer towing package) springs sit than regular springs?
Thanks,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Besides stiffer springs (9C1 or 1A2 springs ... possibly certain D-Body commercial chassis springs), there are other provisions, but I don't know exactly what they are. I do know that the highest tow rating of the Cadillacs is at least 7000 lbs. The D-Body's towing superiority is mostly owed to the showroom floor availability of 3.42 or 3.73 ring'n'pinions, and the Caddy's extended wheelbase.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is what I know about the V92, trailering prep package, that I have on one of my wagons.

On a wagon, it has the same springs as a non-V92 wagon.

V08 cooling with mechanical fan and integral oil cooler in HD radiator
HD condenser
140 amp alternator instead of 105
2.93 rear end instead of 2.56 for 5000 pound rating on the transmission
G80 limited slip differential

I had to purchase a class III hitch and wiring.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a little info...

Up until late 94, the Fleetwoods were rated at 5000 lbs capacity with the towing package. It included 3.42's in the standard 8-1/2" carrier. It also included all the normal performance stuff that the SS package got... stuff like heavy duty cooling (V03), Engine oil cooler (KC4), 140 amp alternator (KG9), etc.

Later in 94, they upgraded the towing capacity to 7000 lbs by adding the 9-1/2" rear end (still 3.42) which had some massive brakes (drum). They also added the mechanical fan up front. Look for a V4P code to indicate the trailer package or the V4U to indicate the coachbuilder package which would have the same rear end.

The funny thing is that the only thing that you DON'T get with the trailer towing package is a Trailer Hitch :rolleyes: Go figure!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.