Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
opti trouble

Not always constant misfire , a few times mine will run normal for a day to a week and usually misfire or stall more and more often for up to a week to a month sometimes before crapping out for good , IMO a good rule of thumb is misfire=opti as long as plugs,wires,coil, and ICM are good.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I always changed both the Opti- and the -Spark when I experienced the following symptoms:
* Car suddenly dies and won't restart
* Starts but immediately dies
* Extended cranking to start
* Rough idle
* Sputtering
* Backfiring
* Trouble reaching higher rpm
* Black smoke from exhaust
* Poor performance with car warmed up
* Weak plug wire spark
* Codes 16, 36, and/or 42 ... I dunno the OBD2 equivalent codes

I haven't yet learned how to tell when I only need to replace the -Spark vs when both the Opti- and the -Spark need replacing, so I just do both ... but there is supposed to be a way to tell ...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ditto

MARK & STOCKCAPRICE

well it seems i have every issue then.
black smoke stalling it acts like its running out of gas and that TBI stalling start.. DAMN optis!

1st lt1 was 95 cadi fleet..had mis fire after plugs n wires n coil was changed i though i was doing a good thing but right after the half ass tune up my car never started right or ran and guzzeled gas to the extreme

2nd on my 95 imp i have the stalling n starting issue
i found an Opti ac delco for 128.54 at xl parts and getting Wires and Rapid fire plugs with coil pack
JUST NEED TO FIND a GOOD honest mech who will be ready for the labor ANY HELP ON A LABOR in HOUSTON Tx?
btw Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts