Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just figured out my opti-vent harness is not working. Looking to purchase a opti vent harness asap. Anyone selling or know the best place to look/purchase one?

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
If you have a 1995 or 1996 then hamilton_chevy on Ebay has them in stock and listed on Ebay for $59.95 if you decide to get a new one.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just seen that on ebay but no, i have a 94 ss.....anyone know where to get a 94 opti vent harness?

·
Registered
576 Posts
All vented opti's use the same vent hoses, not?

I have one of those from eBay on my 94 Caprice.

I know some early 94's are non vented but I'm sure all vented opti's use the same vent hoses.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks ill send him a message, i have no clue weather my opti is vented or not but i know that looks like the piece and mine is not pulling suction on a napkin so i def need one.

·
Registered
576 Posts
thanks ill send him a message, i have no clue weather my opti is vented or not but i know that looks like the piece and mine is not pulling suction on a napkin so i def need one.
If its got an opti vent hose, its a vented opti.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
The bottom line is that the parts book say it will NOT fit the 1994 so that is what I based my answer on. I have three 1994 Caprices so don't you think I would like for it to work?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha, well i wouldnt want to buy this members harness and it not work either, hasd anyone ever tried to put one on a 94 and it work?

·
Registered
576 Posts
^^Read my post above ^^

I base it on fact.

I've got a 1994 Caprice wagon and I bought that same harness and installed it on my car. It was identical to the one I took off.

If the vented opti works on any LT1 then the vent harness will too.

There are not 2 different opti vent harness's.

Lots of misleading info out there on the 94's. Early cars had a non vented opti therefore no vent harness.

There are 2 different optispark electrical harness's. That would be the electrical connection on top of the opti.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ideed i am following and it has me confused on weather to buy or not seeing im on a budget. When checking your harness for suction, i pulled off the tip with the blue nipple connector and put the tissue to it, no suction. Someone told me that the suction wouldnt come from there but rather the opening where the blue tip goes into. Do i check the suction at the elbow where the blue tip inserts? or do i check the hose end where the blue tip is at?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I installed the 95-96 Harness on my 94 2 years ago and the Opti spark did not explode or catch fire. It looks just like the one I removed and installed exactly the same way. The engine has been running fine for 2 years/13000 miles with ZERO problems.

The one from Hamilton on ebay will work just fine on your car and is the same exact one on RMS that is listed for 94-97.

http://www.rmsautoparts.com/proddetail.php?prod=12555323

1 - 17 of 17 Posts