Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
Just wondering if anyone had any idea of a reputable place to have windows tinted in the Portland OR area. There are many to choose from and thought I would ask for ideas from anyone who has had theirs done around here. :confused:

Thanks in advance, MrMaJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had Alexia's on Canyon Road tint my 96 BBB just last week -- still can't roll down the windows since it hasn't been a week yet. I had them install the max legal in OR (35%) on all windows, they use SolarGard Quantum which has a transferable lifetime warranty. They did a good job, tint looks good -- didn't take any pix yet or I'd post some for ya (sig pic is pre-tint). Took them 3 hrs by appt. and cost me $240.

Website is http://www.autowindowtintings.com/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for letting me know. I will have to go check them out. Was there any reason that you chose them over any other?

TX again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found them using the "Dealer Locator" on the SolarGard website. They offered the lifetime warranty on the install, were willing to patiently answer all my questions, and ended up doing a good job, as the tint looks factory. However...

Over the phone, I was quoted $240 for the SolarGard Quantum install. So I pull into the parking lot, and the guy tells me "I forgot how much time & work it takes to do the rear windows on these cars" and asked if I could help him out on price. I said no thanks. He said it may take longer than 3 hrs. I said OK, but when I returned 2.5 hrs later, the car was ready.

A member of the 'oregonbbodyclub' Yahoo group (I'd urge you to join if you haven't already -- great bunch of guys) recommended a shop over in Clackamas on Johnson Creek which also offered a similar warranty and pricing, but unfortunately he couldn't remember the name.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am a memeber of the oregonbbodyclub. I must have missed that post. Thanks for the info. I will have to find out if they are willing to give me the same deal that they gave you. I believe that you and I have met once before on a trip up to Washington. I was driving DeanstuD's '96 DGGM WX3. That was the time when He and Dan pulled apart the motor on his white '96 9C1. I asked him if he could make arrangements to look at your tint since he was a bit closer to you. I don't think that he will, so I will take your word on a job well done and give them a call.

Thanks again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DOH! "Dean is an a$$hole and doesn't do what I ask".

Man I am afraid to go to North Plains. the Cops have it out for me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way, when they did your tint, did they also tint in front of the third brake light or not?

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dean, sounds like you've had a run-in with NP cops before. Don't know how I've avoided them, I guess I stay over by Pumpkin Ridge when I do my spirited driving.

Yes, the tint goes over the rear brake light, but I just noticed they stopped the tint up near the top of the rear window where the defroster matrix starts getting 'busy'. I guess they thought it might not adhere well up there. Not very noticeable, but then again I'm not hung up on the appearance as much as I wanted the cooler interior.

Here are some quick snapshots of the tint:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, what a difference. Thanks for the pics. I notice that sometimes they stop near the top and sometimes they don't.

Thanks again for your input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.