Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for shane or someone else who knows. this for a 96 w-body with 4T60E, 3.33 FDR with 35/35 chain sprockets. looking for 33/37 (drive/driven) sprockets so i can change FDR to 3.73.

main question, where can i order them?

also, might be interested in going numerically higher than 3.73 depending on cost and availability, are custom sprocket or diff gears available? so far looks like 3.73 is the highest.

TIA as always...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
The sprocket links are not the drive ratio, the "gears" are located on the passenger side if sitting in the drivers seat, those would alter the gear ratio your looking for. Not really sure if you could switch, regardless you will have to dig into tranny and then have pcm reprogramed and abs.....not worth it imo

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they can in fact be switched, people do it, programming the pcm is not a problem for me (obvoiusly), and i have someone to do it. the only thing i need to know is where i can order the correct chain drive gears.

someone suggested to post on the monte carlo forums. so i registered and posted the question on montecarloforum.com. tried logging back in today to check if anyone posted a reply. this is what i got:

You have been banned for the following reason: scammer
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

wtf? nice place. i guess maybe i'll try the fiero forums next...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I believe the chain is just the connection from the engine to the clutch packs and all so.... either way just doesnt sound right, maybe a trans pro will chime in to clarify

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's right. www.gmtuners.com/images/FWD_trans_ratios.pdf like i said, i just need to get the right ratio set. any 4t60e application with 3.18 FDR will have it. doesn't sound like a big deal to get 2 stupid gears. anyway, not important, i'll look into getting them later when i have the time...

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
GTFO, Scammer! :D

I have a list of what trans in what application came with what final drive ratio in 'em - I will source it up and see if I can find you some part numbers for the ratio you're looking at.

What year trans rae you working on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.