Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i did multiple searches, but can't find the info i need... here goes...

i have a bone stock 92 roadmaster sedan that has the chrome spoke hubcaps. while i don't really have anything against this setup, the previous owner curb checked the crap out of them and the spokes rattle like crazy and the noise makes me nuts. here's my ride...

sooo... i'm looking for something that won't break the bank and still looks kinda classy and stock. my question really is what other GM rims will fit on my roadmaster. i've seen the guy with the C5 wheels, and i know some of you have the 91 454 truck wheels, what other GM wheels will fit on the car (preferably without modifications and spacers and all that)? i really like the look of chrome (like the fleetwood caddy wheels, do those fit? or are there nice chrome olds rims in that style?) and i just recently bought new tires, so i'd like to stick with the stock size i have (15X7).

basically i have this...

and would like to upgrade to something like this...

i really need to keep my towing capacity (for towing a car on an open trailer) so i don't wanna go with something too soft... would the stock alloy RM wheels be okay? i was contemplating the cragar wheels that some of you have, but now i'm thinking i want to stick with a more stock look. please advise. thank you so much for all your help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fourdr,

Do these have the correct backspace and everything?

Those are very nice!

Don

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by SSixSpeedin:
Fourdr,

Do these have the correct backspace and everything?

Those are very nice!

Don
the 22" are + 20 offset and need a 1/4" spacer to work

the 20" work with a +1 offset and no spacer

when i need to get new tires i am selling my 20" d's that are -6 offset and do work for the iroc 20" +1 offset

and personally i think the 17" and 18" are to small so i never checked offset , and the 26" are to big so i never checked offset

you can by these wheels direct from manufacturer

no custom offsets all are allready drilled and boxed for sale

those iroc all chrome 20"x8.5" with pirelli 245/30/20 are bustin dick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Selina--

Nice to see you here! Usually folks I've seen on the F-Body forums don't show up here with a '92 Roadmaster!

Sure, the chrome '93 - '96 Fleetwood Brougham wheels fit, but they're not all that cheap in my opinion, and they're kind of hard to find in a nice used set.

No stock F-Body or Corvette wheels work without spacers. The ones in that link are an aftermarket reproduction, but still pretty cool lookin'.

I think the chrome wheels you posted are for a FWD Seville/Eldorado???

The obvious choice, and the one that a lot of the Roadmaster crowd goes with, are the 17" Impala SS wheels like my Fleetwood. They look good, they're relatively inexpensive considering how much they do to change the car, and there are no modifications required.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
to add, No f-body wheels and vette wheels fit unless they have adapters. The link to the repo Iroc wheels will work. U can see they have 5on5 bolt pattern listed. As mentioned, those seville rims will not work because they are FWD. So, as said, impala wheels fit great, and they can be fitted with some new centers as found above. IDK if there are any buick style centers from other wheels that will fit.

Ok im done now! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry--I didn't see the thing about you having purchased new new 15" tires.

You could go with the 9C1 steel wheels and trim rings, I guess. It might make it look OK.

I had late model Silverado steel wheels with trim rings and '73 Chevelle SS centers on my Caprice. I always thought they were kind of neat (I'm probably the only one
).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
An easy fix for the spokes rattling is to run a bead of silicone glue on the tips of the spokes (on the back of the cap).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,
I think that the stock RM alloy wheels look great. They would appear to meet all your needs. The Reconditioner's 2 black RM's look great with these wheels. Of course, those 2 cars would look great with beaten-up, rusted, steel wheels without hubcaps!

I would look very carefully at the repros, they may not be up to OEM standards.

John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks so much for all the help so far. this board is always full of good info. :D and hey, revoh... yeah i'm glad to have my RM as a daily driver... i have a feeling if more fbody people knew how cool bbodies were, we'd have more fbody peeps on here

and yeah i know the FWD wheels won't fit, but i was just posting that pic so y'all could see what kinda wheel style i like best. i thought about the impala wheels (i really like those), but i was hoping to stick with my 15's so i don't have to buy more new tires.

i could go with the alloy RM rims (i really like the way those look), but what's their capacity for towing? could they definitely handle the 5K lb. load without a problem? if so, i may be on the hunt for those... there was a junkyard down here that had a set on an RM that looked pretty good, but that was before hurricane katrina. i'll have to go check and see if they're still there.

ooo one more question, did they make the stock RM rims in chrome, or just the painted alloy style? i really like chrome, and i was hoping to get that. if not, maybe i'll just keep an eye peeled for caddy rims. i know y'all said they're hard to find, but it won't hurt to be on the lookout until i find something

thanks again y'all. great site!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Selena, You got enough rare F-body cars? I'm keeping a platinum/charcoal leather '01 WS6 RA T-56 TA w/22K for a friend 'till he figures out whether he's gonna' take it back to his house in Orlando, or sell it. The RM alloys are all 5x5 & came in two visual styles - early & late. 91-94 wagons & 92-93 sedans used early, 94-96 sedans & 95-96 wagons used late. No chrome, I had a set plated by www.chromeyourwheels.com & put them on sedan, then on wagon 'cause I sold sedan to my father. I always thought the boxy wagon (above)wheels above looked great. Revoh adapted the SS wheels with Caddy caps to look "right" on the car. I have yet to see SS wheels fitted with a Buick center cap & looking "at home" on a Buick.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
man oh man. i love your cars, reconditioner!! they are so clean. and the chromed RM wheels look awesome. i checked out your pics on car domain and man that looks so classy. that's just what i needed to see to make sure i liked that idea (i hadn't seen any RM wheels chromed) and i'm going to the junk yards tomorrow if they are open. otherwise i keep watching ebay for a decent set of wheels for a good price... if i get 'em cheap i can afford to get 'em chromed. thanks for the tip. i'm gonna definitely go that route if i can score some decent RM wheels. your RM's are gorgeous :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the compliments - were I you & having any thoughts of chroming them or not, I would opt for the "later" style wheels like mine since when chromed, the fancy plastic center caps will look great "as is", which you can see from my pics. The earlier wheels have brushed stainless caps
that would require chroming, if even possible, to look right when the wheel is plated, good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
went to the junkyard this morning and found the black 94 roadmaster i had seen back in august... scored the wheels for $100. it had all 5 rims, but the car had been smashed in the front and the driver front wheel had a gouge in it... so i'm just taking the 4 good wheels. the other four were in really good shape. so thanks for the tips. i will polish them up when i pick them up tomorrow and see how they look. i'll post pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.