Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
to make way for my new stroker LT1/ 408. Finally getting close to having my motor done, looks like the next week or so we'll be firing up the beast and I'll have more info on how things tun out.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
Intake?

x3 on the intake...

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
LOLOLOL cwm2 !!!!!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Looks like a Holley SBC/LS1 manifold & intake retro-fitted to work w/ your LT1

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
It also looks like an LS TB.

But I see an OPTI and I would think you'd run LS coils and LS PCM if you were doing that...

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
dibs on the valve covers.....
That intake looks mighty fine. Should do REAL nice on that 408. better make sure the trans settings are agressively set to keep it alive. Not harsh, just quick and firm. Maybe even pull some timing up top in the POWER BAND to save the trans on an upshift...

Unless a 4l80 was dropped in, then GAME ON!!!

Chris

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Exactly!

But I wouldn't think a LS PCM or the coils would be necessary.

KW
Thanks for your interest guys! I hope to have a lot more to share as I document the motor and what it will do. It's been 2 years ( 8-21-08) since I wrote the deposit for this motor to get it started. I convinced a local shop (P.S.I.) that the LT1 still has plenty of potential. He agreed (finally!...after a lot of arm twisting;) And he has come up with something that I think will put out a nice respectable bit of power.

As for the TB Your right, It's a Wilson 95MM LSx TB. (modified to mount upside down to keep the throttle cable on the stock (drivers) side. I wanted to stay with the stock PCM (for now) and run stock gauges & stay with the opti, so right again!

The Manifold is an Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT. Modified to fit the Trick Flow LT1 heads.

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
...As for the TB Your right, It's a Wilson 95MM LSx TB. (modified to mount upside down to keep the throttle cable on the stock (drivers) side. I wanted to stay with the stock PCM (for now) and run stock gauges & stay with the opti, so right again!

The Manifold os an Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT. Modified to fit my Trick Flow LT1 heads.
Kool!

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
sweet. What is the brand/source of the oil pan? (Billet Fab?). It looks to be pretty deep. Let us know what you are going to do with the knock sensors by fitting them somewhere else or bypassing them all together.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
looking good!

·
Registered
864 Posts
My question is how did you get your manifold? I called Edelbrock directly when the ProFlow system first came out and they said that they wouldn't sell me just the manifold. Just currious. Looks good man!

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts