Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i baught my 1994 roadmaster and my subs broke the rear quarter pannel trim pieces loose so they rattle...suggestions ?...does anyone have any knowledge of the trim fasteners used or if i can get any aftermarket OE fasteners...second is i have the half rag top and im undecided on removing it or re-upholstering it when i paint the car...are there mounting holes underneath to hold on the trim and top on...has anyone done this or have any suggestions or info !!??

thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
If your rear quarter panel trim is the C pillar trim, it is held on by velcro.

The roof removal would require a different set of trim for the rear window. I am not sure exactly how the roof is held on, but you may find some things under it that you do not like. It can turn into a "can of worms".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clearly i was talking about the quarter panel trim on the outside of the car that runs the length of the car not the interior felt pieces that have nothing to do with a quarter panel trip piece that rattles...

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
You were not clear about it being external trim. The outer trim is held on by nylon clips which become brittle with age. The bottom "spring" breaks off, and the trim can rattle. The wheel opening area is held on by screws, and if the fender is rusty, they can end up holding onto rust, and that could also cause rattles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts