Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would these 6x9's work for some nice low end bass w/ out using any subs. i am shopping for a set of 6.5" components, 6x9's, and an amp to power it all. i have a one year old kenwood deck right now that im going to keep in.any suggestions on a starter set up that will be loud and clear w/ some nice low end. my budget is about $500-$800 for components, 6x9's, and the amp. and yes i have searched but a lot of different opinions.

heres the speakers in question.
Oz Audio 6X9's

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is everything that i am looking at
MB Quart comps

Crunch amp

and the OZ 6x9's as mentioned before. also going to get an amp wiring kit. this all puts me at a little over $400 w/ the wiring kit and warranty.
does this equipment sound reasonable for a starter?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may get some lows from the 6x9s but if you want real lows, spring for a box and amp set-up.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like Pioneer 6x9s or better yet double up on the MB Quarts and get the adapter to fit a 6.5" speaking in the rear deck....Run 2 sets of comps.

Also dont like the Crunch amp at all. I dont think that amp will compliment the speakers at all.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so k gee what amp would you think would be better for my situation. and wouldnt getting a second set of comps lose some of the lower frequencies? also im more or less going for SQ hence not really into the subs.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 comp sets wouldn't hurt. I have ran Pioneers top 6x9 4ways and liked em. So if you're set on 6x9s go with what you want.

As far as amps...theres so many to choose from. Personally I've only had a few 4channel amps.
An Alpine, PPI, and Power Acoustik and they all performed well. I would even prefer Sony over Crunch.

You can build mini boxes for the rears and it would help a lot.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as far as products are concerned i wouldn't use OZ or CRUNCH . Maybe PIONEER but if ur on a budget get with the PIONEER speakers just get a good amp (kicker,eclipse,punch,etc...) so whenever u decide to upgrade speakers all u have to do is give them a little more power from the amp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts